The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
What you'll do
We are looking for an FX Artist to join our CG team in London. We are looking for artists who can create natural phenomena such as smoke, fire, water, clouds and physical destruction as well as simulated versions of character specific FX such as hair, muscles, cloth and skin as well as simulations to mimic crowd-like behaviour. As an FX Artist at you would be responsible for simulating, lighting, rendering and basic compositing of complex shots.
• Creating realistic fluid, particle, rigid-body, cloth, fur and crowd simulations.
• Lighting and shading your work to produce the final rendered image or passing the caches on to a Lighting Technical Director.
• Use various commercial and proprietary tools including Houdini & Maya.
• Working within a team to create the best solutions for the required effects.
• Designing procedural solutions to create FX.
• Compositing reviewable versions of FX elements in a shot.
What you'll need
• A good understanding of the entire visual effects process.
• An excellent understanding of FX simulation and procedural animation.
• Previous experience producing FX such as smoke, fire, water, clouds, destruction, cloth, hair/fur and crowds.
• A good understanding of composition.
• Very strong knowledge of Houdini.
• A good level of knowledge of Arnold and Mantra.
• Working knowledge of Nuke and an understanding of the compositing process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5m8v-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.