The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
A Color Assistant is responsible for preparing footage and edits for the Colorists. This includes but is not limited to; ingest of all media called for in prep material, conform and edit-matching, preparing new material during a session, sorting and extending the colorists grade at the end of a session, assess or match-grade new material, and exporting to the requested delivery spec by the client or internal Finishing and VFX team.
Color Assistants should have and understanding of cameras, codecs, color spaces, and the overall post process. Knowledge and experience in post software such as Baselight, Resolve, Adobe Suite, and Avid is highly desired.
This role is important to building a strong foundation to the Color team. Color Assistants are highly collaborative and creative. Often a Color Assistant must adapt to new workflows and address project obstacles in collaboration with the many disciplines at The Mill.
• Communicate with the Producer to ensure the correct prep and project materials is delivered for each job.
• Load in the EDL, importing video/data, conforming all the required material as per the EDL. Ensuring that the Colorists can work with the specified media.
• Sort, export, and transfer the graded images to in-house finishing team or a hard-drive or any cloud service the client requires.
• Identify and communicate software bugs to engineering and third-party software developers.
• Full preparation of data for the Color Grading suite in readiness for the Colorists session with clients
• Complete special requests for Colorists such as denoise, tracking, or match grading.
• Identify match grades or prepping pickups for Colorist during session.
• Solid understanding of the principles of film, video and data production.
• Proficiency in Baselight, experience in Resolve, Avid, and Adobe video software a plus.
• Diligent and exhibit good attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of Mac operating systems and general knowledge of Linux operating system.
• In-depth technical knowledge of cameras, codecs, formats, and file types.
• Previous experience of MCR operation and a knowledge of the principals of post-production.
• Photographic interest and experience desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r00m9e-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.