Are you super creative, up for trying ANYTHING, love to think of yourself as 'more than just a producer'? Do you have exceptional news judgement and the ability to blow up a rundown for breaking news in a top 10 market? And, do you have a winning attitude?
Then you might be the PRODUCER we are looking for!
KHOU 11, a TEGNA owned company, is on the hunt for a producer who's decided there's more to it than stacking & timing..
We want someone who's a showcasing champion and a wizard wordsmith!
But wait…there's more!
Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality news show in the 4th largest city in the US
• Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Research facts and credibility
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• Coach on-air talent to be exciting and engaging
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• And most of all…have fun
• Degree in journalism, communications or related field
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills to deliver content and listen for ideas
• Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe, and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8p45k-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.