- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionJob Summary: 13News Now/WVEC, Tegna's ABC affiliate in Norfolk, Virginia, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has an audience-first approach to writing, producing and distributing digital content. The person in this role will use SEO strategies, monitor digital audience trends and practice audience listening to identify and craft engaging web content and drive content decisions across the station's digital platforms.
Successful Digital Content Producers at 13News Now are leaders in the newsroom, responsible for the audience experience on digital, social media and streaming platforms. They should take initiative in creating content around key digital audience drivers, like breaking and trending news, weather, sports, and politics, that engages and broadens our audience. And they are able to track multiple streams of communication and information, prioritize tasks and manage/produce content created by others, including copy editing, for our various digital platforms.
Qualified candidates should be strong writers, first, with the ability to write quickly and accurately. They should also have solid news judgment and experience producing/packaging and copy-editing content for digital platforms. A working knowledge of SEO and social media strategy as well as CMS, video-editing and photo-editing software is preferred.
• Write and distribute original and breaking news content
• Edit reporter stories for grammar, content and structure using AP style
• Use creative production techniques like graphics and media (viewer pictures, UGC, etc.) to enhance stories
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Research for facts and credibility
• Use consumer analytics, i.e., Google Data Studio, Google Trends, Crowdtangle, and Taboola Newsroom, in determining content creation
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or digital executive producers
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 3-5 years of experience
• Has strong news and editorial judgment, and understands the tenets of professional journalism
• Strong knowledge of AP style and copy editing
• Experience in online CMS, photo and video-editing systems preferred
• Be well-versed in SEO best-practices
• Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
• Strong social media skills on platforms, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop and Edius is a plus
• An understanding of reading and interpreting digital metrics is a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and rapidly changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn56pm-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.