First Coast News is hiring a digital producer to produce daily content across our digital and social platforms. This position will report to the Digital Manager, who is responsible for overall digital strategy.
In this role, you will be responsible for digital content creation – including in breaking news, sports and weather events. You will be involved in launching live streams, writing articles, editing videos, creating social graphics and working with reporters to have daily content showcased to its highest potential across platforms.
You will help reinforce our brand identity through engaging social media content that drives awareness for our products. In this role, you will frequently interface with the investigative unit, planning unit, and weather team to deliver compelling content that contributes to our KPIs.
• Write articles, clip videos, post on social media, send push alerts and all other reporting efforts required of digital producers.
• Work with digital leadership to execute web strategies to achieve identified goals
• Help spearhead breaking news efforts across digital, mobile, streaming, social and audio platforms
• Assist with all First Coast News digital, mobile, social, audio and streaming products, with an emphasis on ensuring quality in content, SEO strategy, story layouts, headline testing, and conversational push alerts, etc.
• Use digital and social analytics to inform content decisions, in consultation with the senior digital producer
• Edit content for accuracy and ethical journalism in accordance with First Coast News and AP style guidance
• Work alongside multi-skilled journalists, reporters, photojournalists and other content creators on production of their content for digital audiences
• Understand the workflow and expectations of the assignment desk and digital team
• Collaborate with other TEGNA stations and other partners
• Uphold the First Coast News brand in all you do, from interacting with colleagues to producing content
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field or relevant experience
• Organizational skills and ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy928q-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.