Full Time Job
Sales Assistant - Nbc/ Connecticut
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
As a Sales Assistant, you will provide complete administrative and sales support to the station's sales managers and several Account Executives at NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut. You will also provide backup support to the Traffic team. Additional responsibilities include:
• Process, manage and maintain sales contracts for all local business through the Wide Orbit system.
• Assist with managing recurring digital campaigns by entering revenue and impression data for digital orders..
• Receive all incoming orders and revisions and work with Account Executives to confirm information regarding rates, ratings, and programming is accurate.
• Provide managers with a weekly report (weekly rate card) with updates on commercial inventory.
• Handle make goods by working with Sales Managers to confirm where commercial spots were displaced and to identify where they can be scheduled to air at a different time.
• Manage discrepancies which may exist between buyers' reports and the station's report.
• Verify where commercial spot ran on our air and identify whether there are differences with where the spots should have aired.
• Review post-contract data and analyze whether the station is owed revenue, or the buyer should receive credits.
• Work closely with Account Executives at the station to provide complete customer service to all NBC & Telemundo Connecticut clients
• Act as a liaison between the Sales Directors, Account Executives, and advertising agencies to meet all client requests.
• This position will also be trained as a back-up for other positions within the Sales Support Staff
• Minimum of 1 year working with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Willingness to work overtime
• Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Sales, Traffic or Media
• Demonstrated ability to identify anomalies and be able to suggest solutions
• Able to be a team player and be able to work with a variety of personalities and have the ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Detail oriented and good communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Process-oriented: Analyze current processes and help implement improvements for continuous operating growth
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic and Wide Orbit Sales
• Experience with Operative One, Freewheel, and SMART/Salesforce systems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and multi-task
• Excellent ability to project manage initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers, clients, and senior leadership
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5m9z3-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.