as an MMJ/Anchor will include reporting, shooting, and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. Will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. Individual must also have knowledge of non-linear editing systems, and field camera operations. This position will report to the Assistant News Director & Executive Producer.
• Responsible for shooting, writing, and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Position includes anchoring weekend newscast and filling in when needed during the week.
• Responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• MMJ/Anchor will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Problem solving & multi-tasking skills.
• Must work effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
• Excellent driving record and active driver's license.
• Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays as necessary.
• Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be able to travel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g63qxq-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.