Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. Individual must also have knowledge of non-linear editing systems, and field camera operations. This position will report to the Assistant News Director & Executive Producer.
• This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• Multi Media Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
• Candidate must work effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
• Excellent driving record and active driver's license.
• Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays as necessary.
• Must be willing to work in Houston, TX.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• The position requires traveling.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33zb9-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.