Video Editor (PT-Temp)
KHOU is seeking a part-time, temporary Video Editor. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on-air and digital. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to create high-quality content that meets deadlines. The applicant must have creative storytelling of the highest journalist standards.
• Creative storytelling of the highest journalist standards.
• Editing a variety of video elements, including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, graphics, and teases.
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) is a plus.
• Must have a professional demeanor and work well as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
• Ability to multi-task, handle editing assignments, and capture feeds and FTP material while constantly monitoring quality control.
• Oversee live shots in ENG for shows, breaking news, streams, etc.
• Must have at least two years of experience as a non-linear editor – preferably in a local TV news department environment.
• KHOU works within the Adobe ecosystem. Knowing Premiere is a big plus. If you are a whiz on any editing platform, we can help you make the transition.
• Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Privacy Notice for California Candidates
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x6m9-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.