Technical Artist - Games
Technicolor India Pvt Ltd is one of the largest and most influential visual effects studios in the world. We produce top tier visual effects for movies, television, commercials, along with virtual production, augmented reality (AR), and virtual reality (VR) development services for clients and internally created content. We are looking to expand the virtual production and experience team for work on commercials and immersive storytelling experiences.
We are looking for an accomplished Technical Artist. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art and animation pipelines in general and of the content creation pipeline and Blueprints system in Unreal. A high level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical. The Technical Artist will assist teams of artists in tackling projects and be equipped to provide support on complicated technical issues within Unreal.
• Junior Level: 1+ years
• Mid Level: 4+ years
• Senior Level: 7+ years
• Work with the CG Lead / Creative Director to design and build interactive experiences using Unreal.
• Experience/Gameplay Creation - Create interaction and functionality using Unreal's Blueprints system
• Material Creation - Design complex materials in Unreal and instruct artists on best practices for material creation.
• Lighting - Be well versed in the various lighting techniques in Unreal and instruct the artists in lighting best practices.
• Optimization - Optimize content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices.
• Collaborate with developers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D phases.
• Extensive experience working with Unreal Engine
• Advanced experience of Unreal's Blueprints system
• Advanced experience with Maya
• Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Designer/Painter, Houdini
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• Experience with VR/AR authoring in Unreal
• Maya Rigging experience
• Shader programming experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnwpxm-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.