Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We are looking for a Technical Assistant for our CG Departments in our VFX/Animation Businesses in India (Bangalore & Mumbai), who will report to the Head of TDs. The chosen candidate will help provide award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges and directly contribute to the overall success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production today.
Working hand-in-hand with our artists and TD team, the chosen candidate will bridge the gap between creative and technical by providing solutions to create the stunning imagery of our films. At Technicolor VFX/Animation, we work in a highly dynamic environment, which requires a calm head, creative thinking, and pragmatic problem-solving skills. Our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders, and all the way through to the users of the system.
• Work closely with other Technical Directors to support artists on their day-to-day work.
• Work with artists to resolve issues and solve problems before they escalate.
• Adhere to the studio policies and guidelines while providing technical solution.
• Support the Technical Directors while creating the technical and user facing documentation.
• Work closely with the creative leads and sups to optimize the setups and templates.
• Continue to wedge for solutions, which meets creative needs.
• Team-up with Technical Directors in helping creative teams to become self-sufficient.
Skills and Experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical VFX Degree.
• Basic understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming like Python
• Knowledge in using Linux operating system.
• Knowledge of key VFX/Animation software's like Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke is a bonus.
• Production experience of 1+ years in any of the domains like computer animation, visual effects, or game industry is a bonus.
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Well organized with good communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects or animation. If you are an ambitious technical assistant looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67km9-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.