Lead Systems Engineer
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
• Responsible for the overall health and Datacenter operations catering to all infrastructure services
• Act as the senior technical contact, responsible for daily communications with multiple global technology support teams
• Meet the delivery standards as per the agreement that includes quality of deliverables, appropriate documentation
• Participate in all technical tasks defined for the team as and when appropriate, ensure completion for user support requests
• Be aware of the ongoing Infrastructure issues and vigilant to avoid / minimize downtime of services
• Understand business environments to prioritize incidents
• Interact with other infrastructure teams to make sure the requirements are addressed in time
• Identify operational risks and contribute to mitigate the same
• Provide technical inputs to assist create project plans & schedules, effort estimates, requirement gathering & analysis, risk analysis
• Identify service delivery issues and implement corrective actions
• Prepare new best practices documents, technical, and processes documents for project / technology as applicable.
• Participate in new technology reviews, POCs and adoption
Proven experience working in Enterprise IT Infrastructure and Operations support role.
• Extensive hands on experience with x86 Operating systems running on Linux, preferred experience on Centos or RedHat Enterprise OS
• Hands on experience on configuring, managing and administration of high performing clusters on multi-vendor OS and hardware
• Experience in managing virtual infrastructure – VMware
• Good understanding of storage platform on EMC Isilon, storage filesystems like NFS, DFS and SMB
• In depth knowledge of network services on a multi-vendor network architecture
• Strong understanding of server/workstation hardware solutions from Dell or HP
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Shell, Python, Bash, Powershell etc.)
• Experience and awareness of security, audit, risk and compliance within enterprise IT environment
• Experience with ITIL processes
• A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Capability to learn and adapt quickly
• Strong ability to work under pressure
• Work well with others in a team environment
• Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work
• Strong creative ability and flair
• Ability to mentor and provide feedback to junior employees