Academy The Focus - Lighting
Senior Software Developer - Shotwork (Houdini/FX)
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
With a full slate of awarded high level shows for 2021 and 2022 we are looking to continue offering and improve on FX capabilities that have always made us stand out in front of our clients.
With an increasing breadth and depth of Houdini presence in the pipeline, we're looking for developers to contribute to our simulation and Houdini integration efforts.
If are passionate about simulation (within or without a DCC context) and love Houdini, or would like to grow to love it, and you're an experienced developer, we want to hear from you!
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Mentor more junior team members, and share and grow with your peers
• Shape the implementation and design of FX workflows, simulation tools, and Houdini/FX pipeline integration
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstration during exploratory phases
• Builds and maintain relationships with internal clients (CG Supervisors, Lead Artists etc.)
Essential skills are those you have matured professionally, or have been practicing personally for a length of time and can demonstrate achievements in (e.g. personal repository, demos etc.)
• Proven experience in a creative industry in a technical role (Film, Episodic, Commercials)
• Technical STEM Degree, or equivalent applied knowledge
• A strong understanding of FX workflow and the constituents of high-quality shots.
• A strong understanding of the mathematical fundamentals of simulation
• Deep Knowledge of Python both within and outside of DCC clients
• Pixar USD and Solaris (or keen to learn fast)
• Knowledge of Houdini's API and Scripting options (Python SDK and Vex)
• Intermediate or better C++ knowledge and implementation experience
• Able to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site large organization
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a structured development environment (Version Control, Issue tracking, task tracking etc.)
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• Houdini HDK
• Simulation, implementation and/or frameworks
• An ''eye for detail'' for what makes great FX in a shot
• Epic Unreal, Operation
• Maya, Operation and SDK
• Katana, Operation and SDK
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo394-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.