Engine Senior Software Developer
Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
This position is specifically targeted at joining the team that will trail-blaze our revamped Virtual Production and Viz toolkit for the Lion King 2, and porting those to our core tool kit. This is a 1 year contract opportunity.
The VFX Pipeline is at the heart of every production and is a key part in helping our artists deliver amazing work; if you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Hands on implementation of tools and shared tool back-end work in support of both asset authoring and asset management
• Work with a Team Lead and the Head of Pipeline to inform, design and/or implement solutions, for the global pipeline strategy
• Work with a Team Lead and internal clients to track, design and/or implement solutions for business unit specific deployments of the global strategy
• Guide and/or mentor more junior members of the team
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team and to internal clients
• Make significant contributions to the vision and workflow that will shape the most modern services and ambitious tool kit in the industry
Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• Proven experience in a senior role
• Degree in a STEM field, or Technical Animation, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge
• Strong knowledge and dexterity developing in C++
• Ability to operate and develop for a game engine and its editor. Unreal preferred but Unity or Proprietary alternatives will be considered
• Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environment
• Experience with at least one major DCC and its API (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Familiar with structured development practices (Version Control, issue management, progress tracking)
• Strong communication skills towards both a technical/developer audience and technical artists
• Understanding and appreciation for UX, and the ability to demonstrate and iterate ideas through prototypes that might include a GUI
• Keen and able to work in a production centric, responsive and fast paced environment
• Experience with an asset friendly source and version control system, Perforce preferred.
• Experience profiling and debugging around performance issues, and optimizing away bottlenecks or finding viable better paths or workarounds in a short time
Nice to have skills and experience
Nobody is expected to tick all the following boxes; but if you do, or you're very keen to acquire such knowledge on the job, please make sure you mention it!
• Expert level user knowledge or implementation experience on a popular DCC application (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Expert level user knowledge or implementation experience on a mainstream Game Engine (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
• Windows development experience
• Applied knowledge, or at least an understanding of USD
• Specific knowledge in the domain of data interchange between a DCC app and a Game Editor/Engine (e.g. Live-linking Maya and Unreal) and the challenges/details involved are very favorable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88om9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.