Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
• Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack that moves our characters
• Work with a Team Lead and senior developers to ensure implementation and deployment conform to the larger plan
• Work with senior developers and users to track, reproduce and assess issues, opportunity for improvements, and performance
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team, and assist Lead and Seniors in demonstrating to internal clients (or present directly if you're a stage kind of person!)
Skills and Experience
• 2 to 3 years of experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• Demonstrable knowledge or degree of the basics of computer science or a related STEM field
• Intermediate knowledge and dexterity developing in C++, or advanced knowledge of Python, and willingness to improve on either if you're not familiar with it
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment
• Knowledge of at least one major DCC API (Maya and Houdini preferred)
• Familiar with Version Control and comfortable, or willing to adapt to, structured development (JIRA ticketing and rerportage, CI/CD practices, code reviews etc.)
• Understanding of the problem space in one or more of: rigging, animation, layout, character FX, simulation.
• Understanding and appreciation for UX and/or GUI development
Nice to have skills and experience
• Nobody is expected to tick all the following boxes; but if you do, or you're very keen to acquire such knowledge on the job, please make sure you mention it!
• Intermediate (or better) level user knowledge or implementation experience on a popular DCC application (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Intermediate (or better) level user knowledge or implementation experience on a mainstream Game Engine (Unreal, Unity, Godot etc.)
• Windows development experience
• Knowledge of USD and an understanding of the problems it can solve
• Understanding/knowledge of realtime and/or offline rendering toolk kits, pipelines, and problem spaces
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wqzj-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.