Technicolor Animation and Games is home to some of the world's most recognizable and respectable episodic animated shows. Our relationships and reputation run incredibly deep within the top animation production houses. The team at Animation and Games includes very passionate and driven artists who are involved in creating wonders in animation and assets. If you are an artist who believes in storytelling and have the desire to push beyond your comfort levels, then we are looking for you!
The Editor will be working with our studio team for the cutting, assembling, and processing of animation footage for multiple forms of digital media such as television shows, movies, and TV commercials.
• Work with the creative team to cut the picture to time, and layback audio tracks as required for delivery.
• Aid in keeping production deliveries on target by collaborating with the production team, Animation and Lighting / Compositing departments.
• Ensuring that deliveries are in line with production parameters for animation and lighting/compositing as specified.
• Deal with a variety of file formats and codecs.
• Show archiving process.
• Output of shows as per the specific requirements of the project.
• Manage Avid Media Composer/Final Cut Pro timelines, bins and media files efficiently.
• Create showreels for marketing, pitches and in-house events.
• pay close attention to detail and be thorough and meticulous.
• have knowledge of the technical aspects of the equipment.
• be able to take direction.
• have good communication and team-working skills.
• appreciate the importance of a schedule.
• be prepared to respect the editors' or studios' working practices.
• show discretion if you are working on a confidential project.
• Minimum 2-3 years of professional editing experience, animation experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro is a must.
• Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
• Strong editorial skills both technically and creatively.
• Editors should have experience in sound effects, special effects, and basic knowledge of animation.
• Understanding of pace and storytelling.
• A creative problem solver and a proactive thinker.
• Exhibit an enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p6z1-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.