Academy @ The Focus is a virtual program preparing artists for their journey through the world's top visual effects studios through intensive training. Technicolor's diversified reach in visual effects enables us to guide, mentor, and train these artists to meet the highest industry standards.
Our virtual courses prepare you for a career in visual effects by working with industry experts on your creative, technical, procedural, and soft skills. They also provide a great opportunity to gain experience and expertise to build upon as you progress in your career.
The Junior Technical Assistant is responsible for supporting the Academy team in any and all tasks, from setting up new users, offering remote support via a ticket queue system and being a key person in the rendering process.
If you have a sharp technical mind, a passion to learn, and want to be a part of developing budding artists who are often hired into very high-profile productions across Technicolor Creative Studios, then this is the role for you!
• Monitor and escalate rendering issues as needed
• Follow up on tickets and update team
• Provide late cover on rendering monitoring on a rotational shift pattern.
• Various ad hoc project work.
• Clear and confident communicator
• Problem solver
• Organisation skills
• Detail oriented
• Great people skills and the desire to be part of a team.
• Ability to communicate simply to technical and non-technical audiences
• Accuracy and attention to detail under a busy workload
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Enthusiasm with a commitment to learn
• Familiarity with Linux
• A keen interest in computer systems technology and the ambition to increase your skill and knowledge base.
• Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues
Any of the following technical experience is a bonus:
• Degree in a technical discipline.
• Experience in the VFX or Media / Entertainment industries.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dywpz0-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.