Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
With a full slate of incredibly high profile pictures for 2021 and 2022, and renewed efforts to harmonize the technology stack across Business Units, MPC is at the centre of an exciting modernization and retooling of its pipeline, continuing to push boundaries on scale, performance, and artist experience.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious late-stage junior wishing to step up, or an established mid-level developer wishing to work at the largest scale, to join an incredible team. If you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
• Hands on implementation of core parts of the technology stack that moves our characters
• Work with a Team Lead and senior developers to ensure implementation and deployment conform to the larger plan
• Work with senior developers and users to track, reproduce and assess issues, opportunity for improvements, and performance
• Contribute to coordination, tracking, and communication of progress, issues and forecasts within the team and across multiple sites
• Contribute documentation and demonstration internally to the team, and assist Lead and Seniors in demonstrating to internal clients (or present directly if you're a stage kind of person!)
Skills and Experience
• Experience in a technical role in a media/content centric industry (VFX / AA or AAA Games etc.)
• Demonstrable knowledge or degree of the basics of computer science or a related STEM field
• Basic knowledge and dexterity developing in C++, or advanced knowledge of Python, and willingness to improve on either if you're not familiar with it
• Comfortable working in a Linux environment Knowledge of at least one major DCC API (Maya and Houdini preferred)
• Familiar with Version Control and comfortable, or willing to adapt to, structured development (JIRA ticketing and rerportage, CI/CD practices, code reviews etc.)
• Understanding of the problem space in one or more of: rigging, animation, layout, character FX, simulation.
• Understanding and appreciation for UX and/or GUI development
Nice to have skills and experience
• Nobody is expected to tick all the following boxes; but if you do, or you're very keen to acquire such knowledge on the job, please make sure you mention it!
• Intermediate (or better) level user knowledge or implementation experience on a popular DCC application (Maya, Houdini etc.)
• Intermediate (or better) level user knowledge or implementation experience on a mainstream Game Engine (Unreal, Unity, Godot etc.)
• Windows development experience
• Knowledge of USD and an understanding of the problems it can solve
• Understanding/knowledge of realtime and/or offline rendering toolk kits, pipelines, and problem spaces
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb4qo-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.