Global Training Coordinator
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in every day to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology.
Technicolor Production Services is the division that contains our world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros. Key to the success of our division and its brands is winning the war on talent through acquiring and growing a community where artistry meets technology.
The Focus is our ambition to create a careers hub (including a digital platform) for professionals. We aim to create a platform that enables individuals to advance in their careers and make the best of their creative industry experience.
The Focus is a team of experts in recruitment, marketing and L&D who work to meet the demands of our brands and provide a central hub of job matching, career guidance, learning opportunities and industry insights. Our ambitions to create a digital platform are the strategic enabler to advance real-time data exchange by building a community at large.
We seek an experienced, skilled, motivated, and customer-obsessed Instructional Designer with a history of high performance and creativity to develop training programs for our digital artists. The successful candidate will be responsible for training needs analysis, design, production, and evaluation of training programs. This position includes the responsibility of authoring and developing training modules using contemporary authoring tools for technical training. As a part of this role, the candidate must support live courses, including reporting on various training-related activities. This role will also require the candidate to coordinate and communicate with stakeholders to ensure all courses are conducted on time and planning resources and logistics.
• Design and develop course content, including but not limited to measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and knowledge assessments.
• Author training material using authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Rise
• Collaborate with operation team leads / SMEs to design training content
• Collaborate with operations and support team stakeholders to identify areas needing training team support. Plan refreshers and classroom training as necessary
• Utilize ADDIE, Kirkpatrick, and other recognized models to rapidly design, develop and publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online and virtual modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles for the course content.
• Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (usually from face-to-face to eLearning and virtual).
• Upload, test and maintain content to an LMS.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of instructional design and training processes.
• Potentially coach and mentor less experienced staff.
• Identify and measure key metrics to track training effectiveness, business impact and ROI of training programs.
• Create engaging and valid training evaluation exercises to evaluate training effectiveness and successful knowledge transfer
• Contribute to projects as required and work closely with documentation and video editing colleagues
• Engage in supporting process improvement and quality assurance projects/initiatives
• BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, training and development, etc.
• Proven work experience with career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering training solutions to large organizations
• Solid project management skills, including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, working with stakeholders, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results.
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials in all modalities, including ILT, e-learning, and video.
• A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory will be required as part of the hiring process.
• Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and link appropriate methods with learners and outcomes.
• Demonstrated adult learning implementation and driving performance through impactful training.
• Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate.
• Multi-media development track record in audio, video, and/or animation (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, augmented reality and xAPI)
• Ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders.
• Excellent influencing, negotiating skills with the ability to push back and drive stakeholder consensus on learning interventions and new programs.
• Experience in detailed training reporting – tracking, measuring and reporting on training metrics
• Strong written and oral communication skills to be able to proofread own work.
• Experience creating voice-overs and/or video tutorials