Reporting to the Global Senior Talent Manager, the Talent Manager provides support and advice to artists and managers and partners closely with management team members in a proper business partner approach. The Talent Manager has direct responsibility for dedicated departments and areas to manage all the Talent-related aspects to ensure an integrated, progressive, proactive, and flexible yet consistent approach.
We're looking to hire an enthusiastic Talent Manager who can manage their learning of multiple processes and policies and is comfortable with autonomy and taking direction. You will be hands-on and involved in the more ' day-to-day requirements for our Toronto studio, navigating the broader Global context and collaborating on company initiatives.
• Management and Leadership Development
• Partner with Department Managers to coach and guide talent attraction, retention and development, contract and policy application, performance management, training and development, and compensation practices.
• Support the development of the Department Managers and wider management group to reinforce company culture, instill values, and create a sustainable leadership and management team.
• Assume responsibility for ensuring that dedicated management departments understand and adhere to the boundaries, policies, and processes we operate, including broadening their understanding of the employment relationship while balancing it with the risks and operational demands.
• Partner with management to ensure that messaging and communications with individuals and teams reflect the business strategies and culture.
• Facilitate and deliver internal training sessions for the development of management
• Working with upper management on the management of salary planning for dedicated departments ensuring that budgets are used effectively and fairly
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships by building trust and accountability to establish partnerships with management and artists.
• Provide ER advice and support, including performance management, formal processes, absence management etc.
• Champion a positive and creative high-performance culture, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects.
• Proven experience in Human Resources or comparable mix of training and experience.
• Experience in a changing business environment
• Strong working knowledge of employment legislation
• Successful approach to managing multiple stakeholders and priorities
• Solutions-focused approach to challenges and good business acumen
• Extremely high attention to detail, and accountability to deliverables
• Professional demeanour and utmost discretion pertaining to employee information
• Proven ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong MS Office Skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj92zw-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.