Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in every day to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology.
Technicolor Production Services is the division that contains our world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros. Key to the success of our division and its brands is winning the war on talent through acquiring and growing a community where artistry meets technology.
The Focus is our ambition to create a careers hub (including a digital platform) for professionals. We aim to create a platform that enables individuals to advance in their careers and make the best of their creative industry experience.
The Focus comprises of a team of experts in recruitment, marketing and L&D who work to meet the demands of our brands and provide a central hub of job matching, career guidance, learning opportunities and industry insights. Based in our London offices, the Head of Strategic Talent Planning and People Science- The Focus a strategic global role looking at the medium to long term planning and forecasting for recruitment and L&D needs.
This role acts as bridge between the Workforce Planning departments of the business and delivery of the recruitment, marketing, and L&D team to monitor the business strategy using data insights (turnover, demand, skills gaps) and future proof the business by matching the right skills at the right time beyond current supply and demand.
What you'll do
• Adapt a data driven approach to take a long-range view of the future workforce and talent needs against business objectives (3 year plans)
• Use past trends from the business to presents estimated timeline for supply fulfilment, determine target talent and mitigate talent gaps
• Help develop strategies for retention, recruitment, training, coaching and knowledge management, including working with a talent analytics role to produce regular data maps to Talent & Talent Acquisition highlighting areas of improvement to enable better retention.
• Provide strategic insights to build probable scenarios on the future pipeline of talent
• Create and monitor actionable programs to counter long term shortages including entry level (our academies), upskilling programs and targets
• Build regional strategies around fulfilment including talent supply, availability, and migration and immigration requirements. Including working with business Country Heads on government programs that support the longer-term talent supply chain
• Build workforce intelligence on the external community and employee data, behaviour (incl. The Focus Marketing), and capture patterns that help create comprehensive and accurate data sets over time
• Create and present options to the business to counter long term supply issues including estimates on ROI
• Analyse university output to create long term understanding of talent throughput
• Use workplace demographics analysis to understand and predict how the organisation will change
• Use insights to help create programs that diversify and improve the supply of talent and promote better ways of working
• Using workforce research and data to provide insight into the organisation design and opportunities to manage long term talent and skills supply
• Create and own high-level employment models by region to enable forecasting of how to build future supply opportunities and frameworks
Leadership and Culture
• Build and sustain good working relationships with business leaders. Gather news from all of them in ways that are consistently effective and structured and help inform decision making
• Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of Technicolor's Production Services, The Focus, and the brand culture
• Be a partner to the recruitment and L&D departments help enable wider strategic priorities
• Actively drive and influence people's behavior and actions to ensure they are aligned with the company values, vision, and mission
• Facilitate local and global leaders and ensure management walk the talk
• Encourage maximum performance and dedication from all employees
• Build an environment in which employees willingly produce maximum work and be their best at work
Professional expertise – Specialist and proven experience in workforce planning and people science
Organizational skills – personal efficiency and the ability to prioritize competing demands (and others) are key.
Communication skills – the ability to lead and work with cross-functional global teams, manage diverse personalities and viewpoints, build relationships, and collaborate with others is vital.
Commercial acumen – The ability to demonstrate strategic decision-making within the business
Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organization
Coaching and mentoring – Whether local senior management, junior colleagues or middle management, you will be proficient in developing skills and bringing people with you.
Trust – a trusted confidante and unafraid of giving your opinions and expertise