Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
MPC is an award-winning visual effects studio that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly impossible scripted moments in film and television. We're made up of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to support the screening and boardroom needs of our sites as part of the Film engineering team. This is a first point of contact role so customer service will be very important. This role involves high visibility tasks that will need to be handled in an efficient and professional manner.
This position will be working closely with the film engineering team teams around the world. This position is also part of the Systems team in Montreal and will be working on Systems related tasks when required.
Film Engineering responsibilities:
• Daily checks and prep of rooms for use at 9 AM.
• Configure, maintain, and support the SDI video infrastructure in the facility.
• Helping resolve issues from users via phone calls or submitted tickets
• Calibration and configuration of projectors, TV's, and monitors
• Perform periodic software and firmware updates (Baselight, AJA, Blackmagic)
• Entering and tracking equipment inventory
• Design and support audio and video conferencing systems for future dailies rooms and screening rooms as required.
• Support current audio and video conferencing setups.
Budgeting and cost evaluation:
• Work with the other Film Engineer of you team to set a capital budget.
Projects and improvements for screening rooms and boardrooms:
• Working on long term projects and installations
• Replacing Bulbs and spare parts on projectors
• Installing new hardware and configuring new software
• Assisting with expansion work and new builds
Support of client calls and presentations:
• Supporting high profile client calls especially when clients / directors are on site
• Supporting client calls using TVIPS or other specialized equipment
• Managing and supporting scheduled presentations and sessions with special requirements
• Gathering feedback and looking for ways to improve existing setups and practices
• Learning about calibration, alignment, and basic colour theory
• Nuke training, usage, and configuration
• Understanding the MPC pipeline and how departments are connected
• Interacting with Clients and Supervisors to assist with projects
• Assisting the Systems team to resolve Systems tickets and assist with Systems tasks and projects
• Assisting the Systems team with the Tape Backup management system. (Training will be provided)
• Interdepartmental collaboration with Editorial, Software and Systems teams with projects (4K material for example).
• Experience with Linux, Mac and PC
• A keen interest in Film and imaging technology
• A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology
• A history of customer service
• Some history with project management
• Experience with digital cameras and lenses is an asset
• An IT related degree, certificate or comparable experience