Due to the pace of change, this role will be based five days a week in our Soho office.
Technicolor Creative Studios:
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: the realisation of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation, and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Our global teams of artists and technologists partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience, and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
The Mill – Serves advertising organisations and has helped create some of the world's most recognisable brands. With clients including Apple, Amazon, Budweiser, and Nike, The Mill is the most recognisable name in VFX advertising.
MPC – Serves Film and Episodic organisations. Having won several Oscars and other prestigious awards, MPC partners with all the world's leading film studios and has worked on films including The Lion King, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Top Gun, 1917, The Greatest Showman, and Guardians of the Galaxy, to name but a few.
Mikros – Creating market leading animation, Mikros has created iconic shows such as Rug Rats, Alvin and the Chipmunks, SpongeBob, and Paw Patrol.
Technicolor Games – Serves AAA game studios and works on asset creation as well as cinematics. Having worked on titles such as Call of Duty, Resident Evil, FIFA, and Grand Theft Auto, Technicolor Games is growing incredibly quickly and rapidly moving into other areas of the games' ecosystem.
The Director, HRBP will partner with the President of MPC and their wider leadership teams. You will develop and execute People strategies that support business objectives with a focus on growth and revenue goals, including talent management, building organisational capacity, curating our culture, and advancing employee engagement. This role is also accountable for driving key initiatives and projects in the areas of organisation design, DE&I, and L&D.
The role will operate as a strategic business partner to develop and deliver (individually and via the team) the full spectrum of HR services, products, and systems that drive business performance. The role will directly report to the Chief People Officer with a dotted line to the President of MPC and will be a part of both the HR and Divisional leadership teams.
• Build trusted relationships with leadership and senior stakeholders in the business to support and anticipate needs.
• Implement MPC and TCS HR policies while ensuring buy-in from key stakeholders.
• Work with MPC senior leadership to ensure HR policies are rapidly implemented.
• Ensure local HR policies are in keeping with global and group initiatives.
• Lead and mentor a team, ensuring they exhibit quality, agility, and adaptability.
• Lead and drive the Talent strategy for the business through developing insight and analysis of people related business issues and opportunities (by leveraging global tools and, e.g. Talent Management tools / processes and diversity metrics, etc). Drive effective workforce planning to have the right talent in the right place at the right time. Partner with TA and TM teams on anticipated needs.
• Analyse data to determine trends, areas for improvement, and recommend and / or implement appropriate strategies. Strategise and develop plans for staff retention efforts.
• Advocate, implement, and coordinate change initiatives to support enhanced organisational effectiveness within the business.
• Play a lead role in the global talent review and talent development programs.
• Engage with leadership to understand the holistic opportunities of commercial growth and development within the Division.
• Use data (new hire, exit, engagement, leadership assessments) to identify key areas of development and create development plans to support leaders / leadership teams.
• Meet regularly with senior leaders to provide feedback with a focus on growth and achievement of development goals.
• Implement succession plans and ensure key talent has a development plan to focus on growth and retention.
• Coach leaders on management responsibilities as it relates to the people in their teams.
• Drive a culture of high performance.
• Support employee relations issues with a greater emphasis on complex cases. Assisting with and advising leadership on employment legislation as well as disciplinary action procedures, coaching, counseling, and documentation, and ensuring a strong compliance culture.
• Coach and advise staff and managers on matters regarding conflict resolution, relationship building, and effective communication.
• Extensive experience as HR Business Partner serving the C-Suite.
• Demonstrate an ability to act at pace in a rapidly changing environment.
• Extensive experience in operating model / organisation design and of partnering with a business undertaking a transformation (both culturally and organisationally).
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
• Extensive experience leading global and virtual HR teams.
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the ''pulse'' of the division to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
• Proven knowledge and practical application of HR practices and global employment laws.
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
• Coaching and mentoring experience at executive leadership level.
• Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention, and reward programs.
• Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• You will have high energy and flexibility, fantastic communication skills, and huge amounts of drive.
• You will be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to ''roll up your sleeves''.
• You will have a strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables. Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
• Strong internal and external customer service focus.
• Ability to develop strong working relations at all levels.
• Manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results - while retaining all relevant information.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj146b-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.