Technicolor Creative Studios (TCS) is a creative technology company driven by one purpose: The realisation of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. We inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists' partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
Reporting to the CAO - TCS, the Legal Entity Controller Canada (LE) will manage the financial control and accounting function including the production of management and financial accounts; records and associated controls; business partnering with multiple stakeholders and continuous finance transformation projects.
The primary responsibility of the role is to deliver consolidated view of the Canada legal entity's accounting figures, in respect of compliance and accounting standards.
You will be supported by finance professionals from our Global Business Services (GBS) teams, who are responsible for the execution of our end-to-end transactional processes. In addition, you will partner with our divisional FP&A, Commercial Finance and RCC (Revenue and Cost Control) teams.
The role interacts with colleagues across European, Asian, and North American territories. Therefore, flexibility is required as the role will often require calls outside of normal working hours.
You will ensure co-ordination of all legal entity activity with key internal experts, such as tax, legal, treasury etc. and external providers.
• Improve and standardise management reporting processes within the legal entities/service line.
• Legal entity controller ownership.
• Closing sign-off, produce all management accounts actuals (P&L, Balance sheet & Cash flow) including variance commentary with support/input from GBS teams.
• Report on balance sheet, working capital variance and provide detailed review and analysis of accruals, deferred income, and other key balance sheet accounts.
• Ensure all IFRS 16 lease information and schedules are populated appropriately within the group lease management system.
Financial Compliance and Control
• Support Finance transformation initiatives to deliver process standardisation/systemisation of revenue recognition, billing, reporting, and month end close processes.
• Drive continuous improvements/simplification to processes and internal controls.
• Ensure IFRS and Group Accounting Policies are implemented and maintained (Revenue Recognition, IFRS16, Intangible assets etc.) into each entity and line of business within your remit.
• Constantly evaluate the period end process to ensure adherence to financial controls are achieved, and efficiencies are identified.
• Ensure figures are reviewed with Business, Controlling and GBS.
• Validate monthly/quarterly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and ensure proper documentation and follow up of all accounts based on risk-based procedure (including tax receivables/payables) in Blackline.
• Request and approve intercompany flows (amount, assignment, …) for all non-goods flows.
• Review and challenge most significant accounting journal entries with Commercial Finance, RCC, business and GBS and ensure proper application of local rules.
• Provide technical accounting/policy guidance and write position papers.
• Document and write procedures for all month end and other tasks.
• Drive and align global trial balances to ensure all GL account/cost centre codes are used for the same nature of activities.
• Ensure alignment of reporting in Group Reporting Systems.
• Assume project management ownership of the TCS finance transformation initiatives and workstreams.
Tax & Treasury
• Support the in-house tax team and external tax providers in relation to local tax compliance including transfer pricing reporting (computation and reporting).
• Support the computation and completion of Deferred tax packages in collaboration with the tax team and GBS team.
• Support the identification and proactively resolve issues that could result in tax misstatements and classification errors.
• Monitor correct submission of all relevant tax declarations (CIT, VAT, other taxes, tax forms...) to local authorities by the Tax team and ensure payments are processed (GBS).
• Report to Group Treasury requirements of FX exposures for all legal entities within your scope.
• Support internal/external audit management actions ensuring all reporting units in your scope comply with the requirements.
• Prepare and coordinate external auditor review and monitor with the necessary escalation points to CAO then CFO then Corporate.
• Support and lead 8Tics review and filing (Internal Audit controls).
• Undertake any other reasonable task as requested.
• Work in collaboration and support other TCS LE Controllers as and when required.
• A qualified accountant ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CA or other equivalent accounting qualification, with several years PQE.
• An excellent communicator with the gravitas to manage both up and down.
• Able to express complex / technical concepts to people from all backgrounds and levels.
• Calm & organised; someone who thrives in a fast-paced world where priorities change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek940-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.