Senior Rigging Artist
Technicolor Animation and Games is home to some of the world's most recognizable and respectable episodic animated shows. Our relationships and reputation run incredibly deep within the top animation production houses. The team at Animation and Games includes very passionate and driven artists who are involved in creating wonders in animation and assets. If you are an artist who believes in storytelling and have the desire to push beyond your comfort levels, then we are looking for you!
Ability to create concept art for games – Characters/variants, Creatures, modular builds, props, weapons, vehicles, terrains and environment designs.at multiple levels of refinement.
• Strong storytelling skills – Ability to create quick (rough) to detailed storyboards for in game cinematics
• Quickly Adapt to art style to meet the needs of the project
• Able to take feedback and properly reflect comments in work
• Participates in visual comparison and critiques and implements changes effectively
• Meets deadlines with proficiency
• Interacts and communicates effectively with management on both a project and studio level
• Participates in studio-sanctioned training courses
• Performs other similar or related duties as necessary
• Confidentiality is key for our relationship with clients. We work with unpublished Ips. The selected candidate should be keeping their efforts confidential.
We work with the world's best gaming studios! We mean it …and by that what we mean is that we work with some of the most famous titles in the world of video games. We provide end to end support and this would start from concepts to asset creation, QC testing and delivery that includes working closely with the developer in their proprietary game engines.Our team knows the pulse of what our partners want. Thanks to our experience, we come up with solutions. We are partners not vendors! We constantly learn from our mistakes and evolve/adapt to every possible project that comes our way – let that be a console AAA or a hyper casual mobile game.
• We dabble with many styles! We work on all genres! Our concept art team is a motley crew of talented artists who are known in the industry for their unique and signature style. They are also flexible in learning what it takes to adapt to new design requirements. We understand that nobody in this world is an all-rounder. But that's where we respect people who strive hard to reach there- Learn, Unlearn, Impart and Restart!
Essentials & other must have skills
• A fundamental understanding of MAX and/or other 3D related software package.
• Exceptional traditional art foundation skills including Anatomy, perspective, lighting, balance, and color relationships
• Understanding of digital/traditional art techniques
• Familiar with current design trends and brands
• Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively.
• Strong Drafting skills. This position requires good level of freehand drawing, firm understanding of fictional/non -fictional product and production design.
• Firm understanding of color and light. Your artworks should include painted samples that narrate storytelling via values and colors.
• Prolific in using Adobe Photoshop and working with digital drawing devices.
• Quick prototyping skills are good to have (Blender, Grease pencil, Unreal world creation skills) Excellent research and design skills.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience with Animation & Games pipeline preferably Games
• Basic painting (digital or traditional) and sketching ability is preferable
• Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation & Games, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Concept Artist: 0-4 Years
• Concept Artist: 4-7 Years
• Senior Concept Artist :7+ Years
Basis the candidate's Demo reel quality, Test & interview performance and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation.