Coordinator, Sales Administration
Los Angeles, CA
Business Development Assistant (Temp to Hire)
Our LA based pre-production studio offers the industry's storytellers a collaborative environment to help devise and develop their projects. With the combined talent and expertise of artists from MPC Film, MR.X, and Mikros, our specialists have accumulated decades of experience visualizing ideas, planning and building worlds for major productions. Our studio provides a place where concept and visualization artists utilize the latest technicolor techniques to bring ideas to life.
The Business Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the smooth day to day running of the department. Working with the Business Development, EPs and the individual brand bidding teams (MPC Film, MPC Episodic and MR.X)
• Organize meetings, both internal and client facing. Ensuring the screening room and/or meeting room are reserved, client services are notified, materials are prepared and setting up calendar invites using Outlook for the meeting itself and any prep meetings required.
• Attend client meetings and take notes and distribute accordingly in a timely fashion, clearly outlining key points and action items.
• Manage calendars for Biz Dev Eps and the department calendar
• Responsible for organizing client delivery gifts
• Coordinate department technology issues and liaise with the local systems team to help resolve issues quickly
• Coordinate daily schedule department schedule for bids in progress by collating projects in bidding, shows that need finance approval and arranging final P&L meetings
• Handle vacation requests for the team, ensuring requests are authorized by the head of department and shared with HR
• Manage the department Sharepoint site, where we store key documents such as vacation request forms, department updates, client meeting calendars
• Publish daily bulletins to a wider team, collating industry updates from news sources
• Minute taking for daily internal meetings, listing action points and tracking day to day.
• Responsible for general maintenance of the CRM system
• Distribute scripts in line with policy at Business Development Managers request.
• Handle all incoming and outgoing materials, working closely with our Data IO team.
• Assist with department expenses using the Concur system.
• Assist with client billing using Coupa, working closely with the EP for LA on reimbursing expenses and billing back to clients as needed. Keeping records of per diems, receipts and all other required documentation.
• Assist with on-boarding process for new team members - phones, computer set up, log ins and health benefits etc.
• Assist with travel arrangements for our Supervision team, working with our travel team and agents to book flights and accommodation as needed and keeping records for invoicing to client.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Outlook and Sharepoint in particular.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Resourceful self-starter with a strong work ethic, and able to work in an evolving environment.
• Must be comfortable working with people and enjoy interacting, while remaining focused on individual job responsibilities.
• Eager to jump in and learn the foundations of client and business relations in a Production environment.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.