We are an award-winning visual effects company built on the belief that our strength lies in our team and our success relies on our people. By embracing our clients in our culture of mutual trust and commitment we set the stage for seamless partnerships and the perfect translation of creative vision to visual art. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen in some of the World's most exciting film and television content. By uniting with our friends to tell their stories, we become storytellers ourselves.
Our Assistant Department Managers (ADMs) support the department managers in the team. The ADM helps to ensure department operations are continuous and efficient as well as contributing to the long-term success of the department. The ADM will move between departments as needed to assist the busiest teams, allowing our ADMs to broaden their knowledge in the VFX pipeline and get to work with multiple department teams.
What You will Do
• Assist with the management of new starters, welcoming them to MPC and their department.
• Responsible for local employee welfare management, conversations and reporting of artist's presence in the studio/WFH (logging of hours, time off, vacations and sickness)
• Responsible for ensuring that the department and employees (where relevant) understands and adheres to the boundaries, policies, and processes in which MPC operate.
• In conjunction with the HoD and DM, identify gaps and high potential employees within the department; helping to ensure we have right employees in the right place at the right time.
• Assist the HoD and DM in succession planning for the department.
• Manage and report on department overtime and TOIL requests with DM, HoD and HR; ensuring that work is distributed across artist to avoid excessive hours and additional hours are managed appropriately.
• Work with production, resource, and talent to manage the high volume of artists' contracts ending/renewals: reviewing contract end dates in the context of changing work demands and crewing options to communicate changes to the artists.
• When required own and run department meetings by presenting, departmental, local studio and global (where relevant) information.
• Manage the department calendar where required.
• Ensure quarterly assessments for the team are scheduled.
• Be a mentor, ambassador and representative of MPC's culture.
• Actively drive and influence people's behavior and actions to ensure they are aligned with the company values, vision, and mission.
• Motivate and encourage maximum performance and dedication from your department.
• Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
Team Set Up and Management
• Sourcing of production items and materials in support of the artist's work stations.
• Work with production and DMs/HoDs to ensure Shot teams are appropriately assigned work.
• In conjunction with the DM/HOD, assign individuals to shot teams and ensure team dynamics are effective.
• Assist in collecting feedback for quarterly assessments allowing the DM and HOD to communicate the feedback to the team.
• Oversee recruiting activities for the department ensuring there is a commercial balance between skills and cost, and a fast-decision-making process.
• Conduct interview where appropriate.
• Day to day resource management for the department, working with the DM to make sure the team has everything it needs to work effectively.
• Planning department activities/events to encourage team building.
Engagement and Proposition
• Champion a positive and creative culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects.
• Assist with reward and recognition activities.
• Work with the DM to adopt, embed and roll out company initiatives within the department.
What You'll Need
• Strong management skills and sensitivity towards deadline related deliveries.
• Excellent organization skills – self-motivated, time management skills and can prioritize tasks based on delivery.
• Communication skills – confident and clear communicator. Have the ability to work within a team, working with diverse personalities and viewpoints. Having the ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
• Being an MPC ambassador – demonstrate and lead on the key values, initiatives and culture.
• Detail orientated, highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines.
• Previous experience in VFX but not essential, we will provide training.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2j4e-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.