Technicolor Animation and Games is home to some of the world's most recognizable and respectable episodic animated shows. Our relationships and reputation run incredibly deep within the top animation production houses. The team at Animation and Games includes very passionate and driven artists who are involved in creating wonders in animation and assets. If you are an artist who believes in story-telling and have the desire to push beyond your comfort levels, then we are looking for you!
Animators are responsible for creating high quality content utilizing both hand key animation and motion capture data for games.
We are looking for disciplined and artistic individuals with a firm grasp on animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. To be a successful Animator, you should be adaptable, creative, and receptive to direction. You should have strong communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
If you are passionate about animation for games and you think you have what it takes to create believable lifelike performances with the use of Maya, Motionbuilder then we want to hear from you!
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At Animation & Games, we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are broadly:
• Junior Artist : 0-4 Years
• Artist : 4-7 Years
• Senior Artist : 7+ Years
Basis the candidate's Demo reel quality, Test & interview performance, and other evaluation criteria the management will decide upon the designation. Our current requirements are for Senior Artists
Animation Essentials& other must have skills
• Strong command over the animation fundamentals of Bipeds, Quadrupeds, and Creatures.
• Thorough understanding on realistic body mechanics and facial animation.
• Ability to shift between various animation styles.
• Good understanding of Camera, lens, cinematography, and composition rules.
• Possess scene planning abilities by shooting self-acting videos and collecting appropriate references.
• Excellent communication skills with passion for Games.
• Should be fluent in the use of Maya and other supporting software and tools.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues when needed.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage
• Previous working experience on Games pipeline.
• Mastered Creature Animation from schools like CAW and iAnimate.
• Familiarity with Motionbuilder, Faceware, Dynamixyz, Unreal or similar game engine.