The Festival Coordinator, Recruiting is charged with facilitating the recruitment and hiring process for Sundance Institute employees, in order to help bring the annual Sundance Film Festival to life. The Coordinator will also serve as a first point of contact for prospective employees and new hires, representing the Institute, facilitating onboarding, and helping to create a positive and inclusive employee experience.
Working closely under the Manager, Talent, the Coordinator must be committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our organization through equitable hiring practices that support the Institute's initiatives and goals.
This temporary position works part time (24 hours per week) from Monday, October 17, 2022 through Wednesday, December 21, 2022 and may be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This is a fully remote position that does not require any onsite work duties.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Driving the full cycle recruitment process, including sourcing, assessing, and interviewing all while fostering strong candidate relationships through all communications.
• Working collaboratively with Institute departments to recruit qualified candidates by guiding and consulting on recruitment processes
• Ensuring job descriptions are aligned to job titles, clearly written, legally compliant, and inclusive to attract top talent.
• Supporting new hire communications, onboarding and offboarding, entering and updating records within our Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local requirements and laws and that Institute recruitment and selection guidelines are followed.
• Generating and issuing new hire paperwork as well as pay increases and extensions for current employees, ensuring stakeholders are updated with relevant changes.
• Facilitating required trainings through our learning management system, scheduling and administering employee and intern orientations, including organizing and presenting materials, fielding questions, and partnering with the Technology team to ensure new users receive technology training.
• Supporting in the implementation of offboarding and performance review procedures for seasonal Festival employees.
• Supporting in the creation and facilitating the annual end of assignment survey for seasonal Festival employees, including answering employee questions, troubleshooting problems, and issuing reminders.
• Providing administrative support to the department, including scheduling meetings, ensuring timelines are met, conducting follow ups, and drafting department correspondences.
• Supporting management of the HR department inbox, including providing timely and accurate responses to answer questions and route needs.
• Acting as a department point of contact for internal inquiries, providing guidance to Sundance employees by answering or directing their questions and detailing department processes.
• Providing support to the Volunteer Resources sub-department as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1-2 years of related work experience in HR, people operations, recruiting, or similar experience.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications.
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Drive inclusive recruitment processes that are legal and apply best practices to ensure equitable hiring.
• Cultivate strong internal and external relationships with candidates, volunteers, and community organizations, through all forms of communication.
• Conduct new hire onboarding that is informative, engaging, and builds passion and excitement for the Institutes mission and programs.
In addition to a hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvnjwm-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.