The Festival Coordinator, Human Resources is responsible for coordinating tasks and duties across a range of HR related functions. The Festival Coordinator plays a pivotal role in not only assisting all new hires/rehires get a successful start to their seasonal roles, but also to support the work of creating enticing and engaging initiatives virtually and on the ground during the Festival. This position will work with the existing administrative side of HR to support and coordinate payroll, benefit enrollments, communications, onboarding and offboarding, and entering and updating records within our Human Resources Information System (HRIS). The Coordinator will also work on a variety of other projects that focus on employee engagement, diversity, and inclusion to build and maintain a positive and healthy employee experience.
Working closely under the Assistant Director, Human Resources and Administration and alongside the Human Resources Coordinator, the Festival Coordinator must be committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our organization by facilitating inclusive policies and benefits to support the Institute's initiatives and goals.
This temporary position works full time from Monday, November 7, 2022 through Friday, January 13, 2022 and will be required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This is a fully remote position that does not require any onsite work duties.
Top priorities include but are not limited to
• Working with the HR team to ensure employee data in the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) is maintained with updated workflows and all new hires, rehires, terminations, and other employee changes for accurate bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Supporting the development, administration, and communication of all benefit and wellness programs.
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefit laws.
• Coordinating employee leaves of absence to ensure accurate payroll processing, tracking, manager communications, and plans to support the employee and department.
• Assisting new hires on becoming well versed with their benefit options, deadlines to meet, and providing other key information.
• Assisting with bi-weekly payroll in conjunction with the HR Coordinator and Finance Department, including resolving timecard inaccuracies, tracking pay and benefit changes for processing throughout the employment cycle (hire to termination), within our HRIS, and payroll tracking sheet.
• Supporting the organization and facilitation of learning and development opportunities for employees, both internally through the organizations Learning Management System (LMS) and externally with vendors.
• Assisting the HR team with employee investigations, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans etc.
• Researching and implementing employee wellness initiatives during the Festival.
• Supporting the workers compensation injury reporting process to include data entry, completion of compliance reports, and following up with employees for necessary information.
• Researching benefit plan offerings to maximize employee retention and satisfaction with compensation package.
• Completing I-9 verifications and onboarding process audits.
• Supporting the creation and implementation of offboarding and performance review procedures.
• Providing timely and accurate correspondence to internal and external inquiries.
• Supporting ongoing and ad hoc HR team projects varying on topic to include benefits, talent, organizational structure, learning, and development.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of related work experience in HR, people operations, benefits, and/or payroll.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively influence individuals of varying backgrounds and learning styles.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Cultivate strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization to provide advocacy and clarity in our benefits, processes, and policies.
• Assess and recommend new ways of working, policies, and practices to increase efficiencies, promote a healthy workforce, and productive organization.
• Are detailed in your processes limiting data entry errors, provide positive customer service to our employees, and meet departmental and interdepartmental deadlines.
In addition to a hourly pay of $20.32, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8xpo-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.