Summary of Position
This position works five days a week Sunday thru Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Work with a highly motivated team of professionals who are responsible for the fulfillment of media to Starz Entertainment's distribution outlets including affiliate networks, online destinations and internal clientele. A Multimedia Specialist must manage media on various platforms, transform and QC the media then distribute it by leveraging several processes & technologies including encoding, transcoding, authoring, archiving, restoring, editing and exporting.
• Maintain on-air continuity by preparing media and associated metadata according to Starz standards.
• Support Starz Programing, Creative Services, Materials/QC, Post Production and Marketing with ingest, processing, export, and delivery needs.
• Encode audio/video clips in various formats (QuickTime, MPEG, etc.) for multiple platforms while following and maintaining department specifications and standards
• Advise clients on what is technically possible and provide options including the range and scope of work and realistic timescales and costs;
• Ensure media adheres to brand guidelines
• Work quickly and effectively with Managers, Producers, Editors, Developers, Engineers and others to solve problems with capture, editing, transcoding, exporting and delivery of media
• Verify metadata for accuracy and report discrepancies to appropriate departments.
• Work with Starz Programming and affiliates to resolve issues with Starz content
• Perform library functions including but not limited to archiving, bar-coding, labeling, filing, and retrieving of files and/or physical media
• Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Film, Videography, Motion Graphics or Journalism preferred
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a production, post production, broadcast, or communications environment
• Strong MS office skills
• Exceptional verbal and written skills with a focus on customer service
• In-depth knowledge of various VTRs (HDCAM SR, D5, Digibeta), file types (QT, MXF, DNX, etc.) and video standards (NTSC, PAL)
• Prior experience with digital video/audio including compression codecs, file systems and file transfer applications
• A team player, who is respectful, follows rules and policy, and maintains a positive attitude
• Punctual, hard-working, disciplined, and dependable
• Demonstrated understanding of domestic and international files standards & frame rates
• Demonstrated ability to deliver positive results by working independently and as a member of a team
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups
• Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical information, concepts and instructions to others
• Demonstrated ability to foster cooperation and collaboration within a team
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, meet deadlines and satisfy customer needs
• Understanding of audio and video signal flow (waveform monitors, vector scopes, patch bays and routing systems)
• Prior experience using encoding software / hardware (Elemental, Telestream, Rhozet, etc.)
• Experience with Media analysis tools such as Baton & Aurora a plus
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$48,600 - $60,800
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy758k-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.