Specialist, Image Operations (Distribution)
Summary of Position
The Image Operations Specialist is responsible for outputting image products to support the global distribution of movies and series programming and promotional content to Starz brands, services, and affiliate partners, including direct to consumer, over the top platforms, Starz.com, and linear/non-linear channels. The specialist will supply dynamic engaging image file derivative to boost the level of visual interest across multiple platforms and emerging technologies in high-definition markets.
• Support the Image Operations team in generating derivatives of licensed program content. Perform digital imaging duties, includes (but not limited to) resizing, cropping and basic artwork compositing.
• Import image products into custom-built content management tools. Deliver image content well in advance of required program delivery dates, while maintaining a high level of delivery accuracy and quality assurance.
• Effectively utilize and support various digital asset/content management systems, image-editing software and metadata tagging tools to drive image workflows. Participate in continued streamlining of delivery processes and optimizing large volume image automation.
• Prioritize and fulfill ad-hoc image orders generated by various marketing and publicity groups within the organization. Manage and track progress of image orders using task management tools and standard processes. Provide additional customer support as needed.
• Cross-train on other image and photo operational processes and provide supplemental support as needed, including acquisitions of licensed content, unit photography cataloging and ingestion.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of 2-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience. Previous background in the entertainment industry, or conventional/digital photography background a plus, with emphasis on quality customer service.
• Proficiency in using creative tools such as Adobe Bridge and Adobe Photoshop, including basic knowledge of image editing and design.
• Understanding and application of metadata, taxonomy and controlled vocabulary standards.
• Ability to work across multiple productions and projects, and large volumes of data/content while prioritizing and managing time and resources effectively.
• Previous background working with content management (CMS), digital asset management (DAM) systems, and task management/project management tools.
• Operate in a fast paced, high production environment and tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Flexible to changes in business priorities. Ability to adapt to new processes and standards, and re-prioritize work as needed.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with broadcast management systems for content information retrieval a plus.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment.
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
$42,300 - $63,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzeey7-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.