Summary of Position
The Materials Specialist is responsible for the end to end trafficking of assigned, licensed domestic and international material, from accessing content to confirming it is approved for broadcast/play across all network and Starz global platforms. Responsibilities also include monitoring and processing delivered files and facilitating the invoice process for these same materials. Position requires strong communication skills with partners around the world.
• Act as primary contact for distributors and vendors when accessing and ordering assigned on air material per contractual license period guidelines and scheduling requests
• Work with Business Affairs, Acquisitions and upper management to ensure all contractual obligations are being fulfilled
• Coordinate with Licensors and labs necessary technical onboarding with AWS and Aspera Faspex transfers to ensure smooth delivery of content
• Within ordering process, analyze incremental component based material needs and requirements, such as Original Version (OV) picture, closed captioning, split audio tracks, foreign language dubbing, subtitles, forced narratives, metadata, region specific content cuts, etc.
• Research and fulfill special version requests from Scheduling, Creative Services and Post Production, such as director's cuts, edited versions, bonus materials, EPK's, art work, promotional elements and new technologies, etc.
• Work with departmental localization team to create alternate language versions as needed
• Act as key contact to licensors and labs regarding status of rejected materials and negotiate remedies and redelivery timelines
• Resolve incomplete file deliveries with external labs/studios
• Communicate status of all active and future orders/rejections with internal teams
• Manage data integrity in database (IBMS/POA) with an extremely high level of accuracy and timeliness to reflect material status
• Run various reports (Tableau/Cognos) to know and maintain optimal readiness of titles
• Monitor all material expenditures, evaluating all costs that may fall out of budget guidelines
• Work with upper management for pre-approval of delivery cost prior to new delivery with new partners and submission of PO's
• Set up accounts, submit credit applications and update SAP for new companies required to complete delivery of all licensed material and/or created elements
• Receive, code and input invoices into SAP for all designated orders. Follow-up on outstanding billing to ensure invoices are received and processed in a timely manner and resolve all billing discrepancies with appropriate parties
• Draft and submit international vendor lab wire payment requests for related content expenses with an emphasis on invoice dates, conversion rates and proper banking details. Forward confirmed wire payments from AP to the appropriate vendor and manage wire payment history for future reference
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Film and/or Video Production or similar discipline
• Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with file packages, servers and ability to understand internal software programs related to both
• Technical knowledge of aspect ratios (4x3, 16x9, etc), audio formats (mono, stereo, 5.1 and related protools sessions), and file formats
• Experience in global content, localization and related requirements
• Familiarity with Business Affairs and contracts as they pertain to programming delivery requirements
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Strong reporting and analytical skills
• Experience working with AWS, Tableau, and Cognos
• Self-starter with excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills and an outstanding customer service demeanor and attitude
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to handle multiple calls on attention from Starz and external customers
• Must have strong problem solving skills, pay attention to detail and the ability to manage time and projects
• Knowledgeable of existing and emerging digital media
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$52,800 - $63,400
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87zpq-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.