Administrative Assistant, TV Business Affairs
Remote / Virtual
Writer/Producer, Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! (Temporary)
This is a temporary assignment. The Writer/ Producer is responsible for ideating and day-to-day editing of video content for social campaigns for Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! The ideal candidate is a passionate and creative storymaker who has a deep understanding of social voice, tone, and style and a solid understanding of tools, social technology and native platforms - as well as the curiosity to discover the next emerging thing. This person is also experienced in and adept at understanding what it takes to build a strong community presence through their storymaking capabilities and is passionate about what resonates with the fandoms across these two iconic brands. This position reports into VP Video Editorial and is dedicated to VP Social/ Editorial running the Wheel of Fortune/ Jeopardy! accounts.
The Writer/ Producer will work closely with the Creative Center social team and production/ operations teams to ensure a smooth and productive workflow while maintaining high productivity, creative and technical standards in accordance with Sony Creative Center and Sony Pictures Entertainment standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
75% Edits video content as assigned.
• Delivers high level creative on schedule.
• Eagerness to find inventive solutions.
• Capacity to work from a variety of sources (dailies, rough cuts, final features, multiple episodes, existing assets etc).
• End-to-end capabilities that include creation of unique graphics and the ability to mix audio and do light color correction.
• Hands-on writing and producing as needed
• Interfaces with Creative Center social team, production and operations teams regarding assignments and workflow.
• Maintains technical standards of all post-production content.
10% Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track. Ability to pivot quickly.
5% Writer Producer is a great communicator and is punctual. He/ she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management. Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery.
5% Exhibit willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
5% Maintain familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
Work Experience Requirements
• Minimum of 3-5 years in editing, preferably with a focus on social content
• Is a phenomenal storymaker with a POV
• Skilled in non-linear editing and post-production
• Experience as promo writer/producer and/or copywriting experience
• Strong understanding of Premiere and other Adobe Creative Suite programs (AE, PS)
• Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure while dealing with deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense rhythm in both editorial/narrative and sound/music
• Knowledge of Adobe suite, Final Cut Pro
• Minimum of 2 years digital and social experience preferred
• Familiarity with the social landscape, best practices and digital trends
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Knowledge of Sony Pictures Movie Library preferred
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university (Major in Television or Film production preferred)
Strong communication and grammar skills (written and verbal), time management, anticipatory nature, relishes teamwork, proactive problem solving skills, critical and strategic thinker, leadership acumen, innovator, strong ability to multi-task, pivot, agile, prioritize effectively and delegate as necessary.
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual you have a finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. You are passionate about storymaking, strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. You are a skilled storymaker at heart. You are able to move our business forward through strategic creative and are interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with fans from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage and sustain new audiences and fandoms.
Background on Creative Center (Culver City)
Creative Center is a global, hybrid internal agency that is a centralized hub for Sony Pictures Television Studio, Distribution, Franchise, Syndication, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Global Networks, Ad/ Sales and Sony One Initiatives. Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our corporate studio environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for original show launches, tent pole acquisitions as well as all B2B, B2C events for Sony Pictures Television. We are the on-air promotion group
for the Global Networks business. We are the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching Sony Networks around the world, global campaigns for Sony IP, One Sony Initiatives and overarching Sony Pictures Entertainment campaigns for various corporate groups. We are also the digital agency for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.