Senior Manager, People Operations
Culver City, CA
VP People, Employee Relations & Policy
VICE PRESIDENT, PEOPLE & ORGANIZATION, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & POLICY
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, People & Organization, Strategic (Corporate) Functions, this position will lead the Employee Relations center of excellence, providing support to the Motion Picture, Television, and Corporate business units, including film and television productions. This role will provide thought leadership on workplace practices and policies that support our desired culture and provide key leadership in creating programs that ensure a respectful workplace necessary to optimize performance. This role will partner collaboratively with People & Organization (SPE's Human Resources team) and other teams to ensure consistency, compliance, and high-quality service delivery from the Employee Relations team to further enhance SPE's employee experience.
• Partner with various groups (P&O Business Partners, Labor Relations, Employment Legal, Investigative Services, and Security) on issues relating to serious and sensitive employee relations matters.
• Lead or oversee confidential investigations of claims of harassment, discrimination, bullying, retaliation, and other policy violations, and provide guidance on outcomes and communication.
• Develop and implement standardized processes for investigations, including tracking and documenting.
• Develop, revise, and advise on implementing company policies and processes consistent with changes in laws and regulations, best practices, and company culture.
• Advise on accommodations related to disabilities, medical conditions, and religion to drive consistency across the company.
• Provide ad hoc guidance to P&O Business Partners on coaching employees, disciplinary actions, and performance management to ensure consistency across the company.
• Design, develop, and deliver ongoing employee relations- and policy-related training to the P&O community and managers.
• Film and Television Production Employee Relations
• Develop and implement employee relations strategy for film and television productions.
• Manage a team of professionals providing oversight and direction on day-to-day activities, as well as ongoing career coaching and development.
• Partner with others on the People & Organization and Employment Legal teams as needed on HR compliance and employee experience initiatives.
• Participate in and/or lead special projects as required.
• Lead and/or provide support on RFIs and RFPs for consultants/vendors in the area of Employee Relations.
• Manage vendor escalations and ensure high quality service delivery on behalf of SPE.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in education and experience.
• Advanced degree in Human Resources or related field, and/or JD (a plus).
• Ten to 15 years of progressive responsibilities in Human Resources positions, particularly in employee relations, labor relations and performance management areas.
• Ability to lead and manage people effectively.
• Strong knowledge of employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations.
• Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
• Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and advising accordingly – developing creative solutions.
• Proven ability to influence decision making; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization.
• Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters.
• Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
• Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies.
• Experience providing Human Resources or Employee Relations support to film and/or television productions.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.