Manager Contracts - TV Studio Business Affairs
Culver City, CA
VP Business Affairs, Contracts, Licensing, US TV Studio
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Vice President of Business Affairs, Contracts & Licensing to join the US TV studio. Reporting to the EVP of Business Affairs and working in conjunction with the EVP of Legal Affairs, the ideal candidate for this role will be a subject matter expert on TV/New Media licensing and co-production deals both on the legal and business level across a variety of platforms (digital, broadcast, pay and basic cable, etc.) for both scripted and non-scripted television projects. Their primary role will be reviewing, drafting and negotiating short and long form license and coproduction agreements across a variety of platforms and formats as well as secondarily overseeing drafting of contracts and streamlining and updating forms and policies.
• Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited institution preferred
• Minimum 12 years' experience in Television Business Affairs and/or Legal Affairs
• Must have excellent negotiating, drafting and legal skills.
• Knowledge of entertainment industry required.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as proven ability to work with business, legal, creative and corporate personnel.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.