Vice President, Digital Strategy & Distribution
For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
The Vice President, Digital Strategy and Distribution is a highly motivated, strategic thinking leader who shares a passion for content and driving business transformation. The role is responsible for overseeing, developing and expanding digital distribution relationships and strategy for Latin America, Caribbean and US Hispanic markets. The role is also responsible for identifying new digital opportunities and overseeing the relationship with our Media Networks affiliate distribution rep.
• Coordinate and support the development of New Media and Digital strategies by developing tailored proposals and deals for existing and new market players.
• Lead the regional TVOD / EST (RVOD and New Media) team including overseeing all deals and strategy.
• Manage the commercial relationship with all affiliate partners and clients (Telco operators, MVPDs) for the Media Networks business in coordination with 3rd party affiliate distribution company.
• Support the 3rd party affiliate distribution company in the commercial strategy of carriage deal renewals, negotiations and oversee any sales administration issues.
• Identify and execute new distribution partnerships for the portfolio that will increase distribution, subscriber growth, and create new marketing opportunities.
• Lead the TVE and VOD strategy for the Media Networks business.
• Serve as digital rights gatekeeper and advisor on all TV Distribution deals (Linear and VOD) ensuring a consistent and sensible approach to pricing, partnerships, marketing and promotions.
• Analyze market potential for new digital distribution opportunities by optimizing content window strategy.
• Create new business development opportunities and revenue streams across a variety of categories not historically tied to the digital media space.
• Build out and maintain mid-range business plans for the digital business while shaping long term strategy.
• Acts as a subject matter expert on competitive trends within the digital space.
This person will enable the regional expansion of an emerging digital business, therefore it will be important to have a wide variety of skills and experience to apply towards the strategic planning of the business.
• 10+ years' experience in sales, strategy, or business development.
• Requires experience in the media and entertainment industry (preferred TV or digital media.
• Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, structuring, and/or building new business models/ ventures in digital and direct-to-consumer media products.
• Experience in deal evaluation and structuring is a plus.
• B.A./B.S. required
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Team player
• Excellent organizational skills
• International experience is preferred
• Spanish and Portuguese languages are a plus
• Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings
• Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion
• Strategic critical thinker who also has a high attention to detail
• Cultivates and manages relationships with internal stakeholders
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all US non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accomodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxbb2-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.