SVP Game Shows Development
The SVP Development, Game Shows reports to the EVP Game Shows in Culver City, CA for Sony Pictures Television Studios. The SVP will lead the charge to develop and consult on new game shows and existing library formats. The SVP will coordinate and enforce all creative decisions, and ensure all notes on game play, casting, and editing are incorporated from development to production and post-production by interfacing with producers, directors, studio executives, channels, etc.
• Oversee development, some Current and Casting for game shows
• Field pitches, identify trends, and help establish the strategic development goals for the game show department
• Attend industry events and screenings, keep pulse on emerging talent and actively participate in the creative community.
• Develop new and current programming, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development
• Build and maintain relationships with production and/or co-production partners. Identify new business opportunities, pursuing potential deals where appropriate
• Provide notes on cuts and game show formats
• Oversee the development of internal formats, from initial idea or concept through to creation of game show bible
• Find and pitch new material to executive leadership
• Provide notes on game show formats in development
• Introduce new game show developers/producers to the studio with the potential for future development
• Assist the development team in identifying concepts and talent
• Work with Business Affairs to close talent and production deals
• Work with Production to ensure that agreed to concepts are fully realized in production
• Spearhead internal concepting for shows that will expand the brand
• May supervise the production of series, attend shoots, and work with the Executive Producers and production finance and planning to solve budget issues
• Work with the Programming department to ensure that agreed to concepts are fully realized in production
• Act as creative executive on run-throughs and tapings
• Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors, and production companies
• Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, marketing, finance, etc.
• Work strategically with producers and network to continuously reinvigorate current series and development
• Participate in the development of internal formats and give feedback on concepts, reels, casting, and cuts.
• 10+ years of experience as a Game Show TV development executive and/or unscripted game show producer
• Established, strong relationships with US content buyers and agents
• Credibility and existing relationships within the US creative community - writers, directors, producers
• Effective communicator - internal & external stakeholder management critical to success
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex studio environment
• Experience with international broadcasters in key territories, including co-productions and other funding models, desirable
• Relationship builder
• Innovative thinking
• Global perspective
• Organizational savvy
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx0kw-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.