Sr Manager, Domestic Home Entertainment FP&A
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services, and technologies.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing, and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly-owned and joint-venture production companies across the US, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
Reporting into Vice President of Finance, the Senior Manager is accountable for all aspects of FP&A responsibilities to support the Home Entertainment business and finance team in managing planning processes. The individual will collaborate with commercial partners to understand business performance and direction and effectively articulate commercial drivers and context to senior management and finance stakeholders throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of process improvement, comfort working with multiple financial and planning systems, excellent analytical, collaboration, presentation, and communication skills.
The home entertainment market continues to be an exciting, thriving and continuously evolving business. With a digital and physical release window that has traditionally followed the theatrical run, the home entertainment division is constantly working on the latest and most culturally relevant films. And as our sales and marketing teams prepare to launch new titles or key catalog programs, the finance team is there to provide support.
The Domestic Home Entertainment financial planning Senior Manager is a key member of the FP&A team, involved in the digital and physical business forecasts, annual budget, multi-year plans, go-to-market P&L, special projects and ad hoc analyses. As part of the day-to-day activities, this role will liaise with members of the operations and marketing teams in the preparation of forecasts and budgets related to both feature films and TV series titles. The Senior Manager will also work closely with the Global Finance Organization group (Accounting, A/R, A/P, etc.) to gain a firm understanding of monthly financial results (P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet) as well as to communicate and knowledge share financial plan assumptions, as applicable. This role will be expected to actively contribute ideas and perspective as we strive to continuously improve on processes, forecast cycle lead time and plan accuracy. In addition, the collective home entertainment planning team will coordinate with the domestic distribution planning team and the global distribution consolidation team to ensure appropriate financial schedules such as title forecasts, income statements and cash flow statements are prepared, reconciled, communicated and delivered timely.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and multi-year plans (P&L, Cash, Balance Sheet).
• Ensure P&L assumptions are properly reflected in the PBCS (Essbase) and BPC planning systems.
• Ensure plan P&L accurately captured in financial schedules when communicated to consolidation team.
• Track performance relative to budgets and forecasts. Review actual results and concisely explain nature of variances while referencing applicable commercial drivers.
• Liaise with accounting team to maintain/enhance availability and flow of information.
• Liaise with the order-to-cash and A/P teams, as necessary, to stay informed on potential impacts to actual P&L and cash flow, both actuals and plan.
• Liaise with sales planning and distribution strategy teams to enable alignment of financial plan with commercial factors.
• Coordinate with the commercial and marketing teams to prepare title specific go-to-market P&L.
• Coordinate with accounting and order-to-cash teams to track actual marketing and trade spend by title.
• Play a key role with respect to continuously improving the physical business cash flow plan and reconciliation processes.
• Review/work on special projects, ad hoc requests and analyses as necessary.
• Assist team and provide coverage as necessary.
• 5+ years combined accounting and planning experience. Home entertainment planning background a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred. MBA/CPA a plus.
• Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong financial modeling background
• Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong follow-through on all projects
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to bring projects to timely completion with minimal supervision
• Have an open mind for process improvement and embracing change
• Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with SAP BPC, Essbase, PBCS/Smartview, Powerpoint, Tableau, Power BI preferred
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel a must, with ability to work with high volume of data from multiple sources
The anticipated base salary for this position is $108,100-$143,300. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56n7z-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.