Director, Global Consumer Products Finance & Business Analytics
Culver City, CA
Sr. Financial Analyst, Worldwide TV Distribution Finance
Sony Pictures Worldwide Distribution is one of the entertainment industry's leading content providers. We distribute programming in every genre, including series, telefilms, theatrical releases, and family entertainment around the world and for every platform: broadcast and cable television, first-run and off-network syndication, digital and physical distribution.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the FP&A team, primarily involved in consolidation and analysis of quarterly forecasts, annual budget, multi-year strategic plans including month-end and year-end tracking. This role will support the Features product line in driving value by creating and evolving planning models, data analyses, and global reporting.
• Support in consolidation and analysis of the financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and multi-year plan.
• Responsible for product assumption tracking, calculating, and publishing to the distribution organization.
• Ensure accurate and timely studio forecast submission for all Features product.
• Discern performance drivers in a complex industry using data and commercial insight from regions.
• Review actual results and concisely explain variances against budgets and forecast, market and deal, and key product categories.
• Assist with the preparation of the quarterly CFO presentations.
• Develop various planning models in support of film greenlighting and forecasting.
• Collaborate with the Motion Picture groups FP&A teams to keep streamlining the forecasting process.
• Drive the quarterly Ultimates internal reviews.
• Ensure FP&A system is accurately updated. Maintain hierarchies and develop new reports as needed.
• 2+ years combined accounting and planning experience. Related industries are a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
• Strong communication and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent Excel skills allowing for financial modeling and report building.
• Ability to easily work with large datasets from multiple sources.
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple deliverables.
• Strong follow-through: ability to bring projects to timely completion.
• Self-starter who excels in a team environment and who challenges the status quo by continually searching for opportunities to improve internal processes.
• Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint. Essbase, SAP, Power BI, Tableau knowledge is a plus.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqvy0-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.