Full Time Job
Sr. Distribution Manager
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSr. Distribution Manager
• The Senior Distribution Manager is responsible for licensing Content distribution for Free TV and Local Cable, SVOD and AVOS also collaborating in identifying local opportunities for Original Co-Productions.
• Develop, manage and implement strategies for content licensing for SPT & 3rd. Party acquisitions in the southern cone markets. Responsible for content licensing budget, SPT and 3rd. Party Acquisitions
• Estimated revenue responsibility $3.5 Million USD.
• Responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Sony Pictures Television' Southern cone licensing distribution activities, including Features, US Series, Original productions and Format sales, strategy and planning.
• Responsible for licensing all product produced or acquired by Sony Pictures (3rd. Party) in the southern cone region.
• Responsible for implementing the overall licensing distribution strategy for SPT & 3rd. Party acquisition content in the southern cone region and collaborating in identifying local opportunities for Original Co-Productions.
• Plans and executes content licensing distribution budgets in collaboration with sales planning team and under the premises established by the directive of the Country Manager.
• Utilize industry insights, observations and historical performance data in the preparation of new business financial models on a by project basis, working alongside ad sales teams.
• Negotiates and maximizes content distribution licensing agreements/ rights, exclusive windows and holdbacks across Free TV and SVOD platforms.
• Develops and maintains long standing relationships with content acquisition providers with the intention of providing a consistent pipeline of content to their company. Content opportunities include feature length films, TV series, formats and licensed property content/series.
• Supports development and collaborates identifying opportunities for Original Productions for Southern Cone Markets.
• Build and execute pitches, concepts and materials ensure proper content distribution sales (Current & Library).
• With the support of the Sales Planning Team, manages administration, renewal and renegotiation of contracts associated with licensed content.
• Understands the competitive landscape and identifies early trends to promote innovation and seeks to be ahead of the curve.
• Provide strategic and analytical guidance on all new content opportunities that support internal strategies and consumer expectations.
• Foster and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the competitive entertainment landscape globally, regionally and locally.
• Develop relationships and work collaboratively with other SPT teams: Production, Global Productions, Finance, Sales Planning, Business Affairs, P&O, Creative Services, Marketing, Scheduling, Operations and PR in LatAm, Brazil and Mexico to ensure communication, collaboration and coordination are met.
Required Skills and Experience
• 6 to 10 years of experience in the media/entertainment industry in Commercial roles and Production deals
• Advertising media sales in TV and Digital
• Marketplace conditions of Argentina and Latin America on both a local and regional basis
• Key decision makers, influencers and buyers
• Advertising and media information
• New content consumption trends by the audience, research and Digital platforms
• Managerial experience
• Interpersonal communications especially strong oral skills, written skills are secondary
• Both Spanish and English with Oral fluency and solid written capability
• Business development; cold calling, presentation preparation and critic
• Sharing of opportunities and proactively developing new proposals
• Media analytical with understanding of quantitative and qualitative
• Ability to open and close agreements/deals
• Lead and train subordinates to take on increasing responsibility
• Create and maintain a positive working environment
ARG - Buenos Aires - Cabrera
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zjqm-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.