Senior Manager, Global Licensing (Maternity Cover)
DEPARTMENT: SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
CONTRACT TYPE: Maternity Cover (starting August 2021)
REPORTING TO: VP of Global Licensing & Analysis
Please note this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom. Note: this role offers the possibility to work from another European Location.
Following the combination of Sony Pictures TV Distribution / Home Entertainment / Theatrical and the implementation of a Territory Management Structure, Sony Pictures Television is creating a Global Licensing team to help support strategy, negotiation, deal structuring and decision making on a local level while ensuring coordination across pan regional and global client negotiations.
Reporting directly to the VP of Global Licensing & Analysis for EMEA and working closely with the Central Team, this position is responsible for ensuring all prioritized on-going licensing deals, projects and business development opportunities are fully reviewed, analyzed, synthesized and aligned to the regional/global policies and to Territory Heads goals and strategy.
The Senior Manager of Global Licensing will work closely with the SPT Sales Planning team, Analytics team, Marketing team and Research team and will be supporting the creation of efficient models to compare proposals, generating insights from data, tracking rights granted and provide commercial evaluation of deals and new projects in a clear format that is easily digestible by management to support the entire negotiation process for each territory team and ultimately enable faster decision making.
Core Responsibilities of this role will include:
Ability to synthesize information and data to drive effective and fast decision making
• One of the key responsibilities in this role will be the ability to be able to work cross functionally to scope and define appropriate inputs on a particular business challenge / deal / project (identified as priorities by the business), and then be able to filter and synthesize that information to provide management with the necessary tools, summary information, analysis and background data that enables fast and accurate decision making and sales in a format that is easily digestible and usable.
• With exposure to multiple negotiations and specific challenges, the Senior Manager of Global Licensing will work with the Central Team to apply a variety of solutions, strategies and initiatives that have been effective in in other similar situations focusing on in order to provide supporting strategy, models, structure where appropriate for any given market or deal. This role will warrant the transfer and consideration of best practices across the region as they are being identified.
What You Will Do:
Primary Market Analysis: RUSSIA-SPAIN-PORTUGAL-MIDDLE EAST
• The key focus of this role is to help and support the local teams with sales strategy and deal structuring to drive valuable new opportunities, maximize revenue and to accelerate the sales process.
• Summarize key deal terms as part of the commercial evaluation of new deals and existing deal renewals and keep track of implemented precedents to serve as reference for best practices.
• Formulate and prepare presentations and summaries sharing precedents, best practices, and recommendations for Senior management critical to the decision-making process.
• Help sales teams to prepare for negotiations bringing together inputs from other functions and teams as necessary.
• Being able to screen large volume of information and connect relevant insights to a particular situation and help the Sales team to construct a narrative that fits with the client's timeline and priorities.
AVOD Deal Structure & Analysis support EMEA
• Consolidate and scope the AVOD benchmark model developed by the Central Team and apply this methodology across key European Territories.
• Sharing information across teams as necessary to ensure alignment with the US AVOD Deals.
• Compile insights derived from SPE's YouTube channels and highlight key phenomenon to then translate these in bespoke recommendations for territories opportunities.
• Work with the Performance Media Group to analyze potential ROI of social media campaign to support AVOD initiatives in EMEA.
• Support AVOD deals analysis and pricing / licensing recommendation for multi-territories clients such as IMDB TV, Roku and Pluto TV or Local OTT & FTV Clients.
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn9mx-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.