Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property
Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property will support the Executive Vice President, Intellectual Property in the execution of her duties.
Advising the Script Clearance and Trademark on all substantive legal aspects of their work; supporting the Production and Creative teams in their analyses of clearance issues raised by individual projects; working with the MPA or relevant right of publicity, clearance and trademark matters, including amicus briefs and legislative proposals. The Senior Counsel will also be responsible for developing and maintaining reporting and case management systems, as well as identifying and implementing efficiencies both within the Department and in our interactions with other parts of the Company.
• Advising the Script Clearance groups on copyright, fair use, trademark, false association, right of publicity, titles, free speech, defamation, trade libel, invasion of privacy, and all substantive legal issues related to script clearance.
• Advising the Trademark group on all legal issues arising in connection with the company's trademarks and potential infringement claims.
• Supporting the Production and Creative teams in their analyses of clearance issues raised by individual projects.
• Working on MPA amicus and legislative matters
• Developing and maintaining reporting and case management systems, and identifying and implementing efficiencies both within the Department and in interactions with other parts of the Company
• Qualifications and requirements include a law degree from a top school
• Admission to California Bar
• Federal judicial clerkship; 4-7 years litigation experience in a leading firm or relevant in-house experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to listen and to respond to concerns across all levels of employees within the Company and with outside creative teams
• Calm and balanced managerial instincts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, non-stop, stressful environment
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxok0-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.