Senior Attorney, Digital and TV Distribution
For additional information, visithttp://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html.
Sony Pictures Entertainment seeks an exceptional attorney who thrives in a collaborative team environment to join its Legal Department in Miami, Florida. The attorney will support Sony Pictures' digital and television distribution organizations for the Latin American and Canadian markets. Working with senior business executives in Sony Pictures Television, both domestically and internationally, the successful candidate will manage a wide range of legal affairs pertaining to the digital and linear distribution of Sony Pictures TV and motion picture content as well as the acquisition of programming. The attorney will structure, negotiate, draft and provide advice on new and existing distribution agreements with Sony's digital and broadcast partners across various media including subscription-video-on-demand (SVOD), transactional-video-on-demand (VOD), free/advertiser supported video-on demand (FVOD/AVOD) and digital home entertainment, as well as traditional broadcast media, namely premium, basic and free broadcast television. In addition, the attorney will work closely with Sony's digital sales teams to help develop innovative digital opportunities exploiting new technologies and markets. The role will report into the SVP, Distribution, Legal at Sony Pictures headquarters in Culver City, California.
The successful candidate will join an experienced, collaborative and supportive legal team. In addition to working with senior business executives, the attorney will work closely with all other commercial and legal experts within Sony Pictures, including production, marketing, music, finance, digital security, government affairs, litigation, tax, antitrust and labor. The successful candidate will have outstanding academic credentials and 4+ years' relevant experience with a major law firm, major studio and/or network. Valuable areas of expertise include international transactions, program licensing and distribution, intellectual property and regulatory affairs, particularly with respect to television and new media.
• 4 or more years of relevant experience with a law firm, studio or network
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
• Strong understanding of the shifting dynamic of entertainment consumption, specifically digital services and devices, and its impact on the content distribution business
• Ability to balance working independently while being a collaborative team player
• Assertive, detail-oriented, proactive and able to accommodate tight deadlines
• Experience, ability and desire to provide a high level of client service, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with creative and corporate team members
• Member of California, New York, or Florida Bar
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye1ep-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.