Post Production Coordinator, IMDB TV
Culver City, CA
Director, Post Production
The Director of Post Production is a vital role connecting executive leadership and individual feature film crews internationally. Reporting to the EVP of Post Production, the Director of Post Production is responsible for shepherding a film through the post production process. They will maintain budgets and schedules for assigned titles and oversee all aspects of the day-to-day post-production process. This role will liaise directly with crews, filmmaker, vendors, and internal stakeholders to stay on top of evolving feature needs to deliver final features on time and within budget parameters.
• Develop post-production schedules tailored to each picture's delivery requirements and budget allowances.
• Maintain budgets and closely monitor show spending to make adjustments based on new bids, timeline and schedule changes, changes in scope of work.
• Source, hire, and supervise editorial, sound, and VFX crew. Based on the needs of the picture, the crew size may range from 15 to 40 freelancers.
• Based on the post production schedule, plan out and assign the tasks to editorial, sound, and VFX crew.
• Source vendors, crew and negotiate bids for post production needs worldwide. Vendors may include but not limited to sound equipment rentals, title designers, third party facility rentals for sound editing and lease agreements.
• Create dailies workflow for each picture at the start of production by assessing the needs of sound, editorial, cameraman, senior executives, producers, and directors. Each picture will require multiple workflows depending on the camera or needs/requests of each stakeholder.
• Quality control dailies and identify potential issues before distributing to stakeholders.
• Oversee planning and setup of cutting rooms, including systems and infrastructure for all post production crew
• Ensure that Sony's standards of data security are always maintained when it comes to how Sony content is distributed.
• Liaise closely with the VFX department to track progress but also identify any needs as they pertain to finishing requirements to ensure a picture is delivered by its release date,
• Identify and collate content for Marketing & Distribution, Legal Clearances, and Music Administration.
• Oversee previews, including determining needs, priorities and setting efficient schedules. Depending on location, ensure projection & screen equipment are compatible and location is secure.
• Collate progress reports for senior management on a regular basis. Be able to look ahead to foresee possible issues (i.e. financial risks, budget issues, scheduling conflicts, workflow issues, etc.)
• Minimum 5+ years of post production experience in an entertainment environment
• 5+ years of experience managing personnel preferred
• Strong knowledge of post workflows, including dailies, editorial, sound, VFX and DI
• Working knowledge of NLE systems such as Avid, Resolve, Baselight and Adobe applications
• Skilled with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Experience with budgeting and scheduling software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly detailed and organized with exceptional initiative, follow-through, and time management skills
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.