Sony Pictures Entertainment's Corporate Legal Department is looking to hire a talented, enthusiastic, motivated and thoughtful paralegal/assistant to be based in its Singapore office. The focus of the role will be to assist Sony Pictures Television's Theatrical, Digital and Television businesses which are responsible for the distribution of Sony Pictures programming for theatrical exhibition and digital and television broadcast across the Asia Pacific region.
Responsibilities will include assisting the lawyers in the region, as well as corporate secretarial matters for AsiaPac, and administrative matters such as permits and registrations, to support marketing and production with a particular focus on the Chinese market. This is an opportunity to join a strong and well-established legal team that works on cutting edge deals and encourages innovation and professional growth. The paralegal/assistant will report to Sony Pictures' Vice President, Legal Affairs for AsiaPac, based in Singapore.
As an integral part of Sony Pictures' Television business, this is an exciting opportunity to work across the region, and would suit applicants with an international outlook, who have either relevant media industry or law firm experience.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Native Mandarin language skills.
• Good working knowledge of the Chinese legal system as it pertains to entertainment.
• Self-starter with a proactive and positive attitude to their work that takes ownership of tasks and is able to work independently as well as with other employees.
• Able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
• Able to multi-task, efficiently manage complex processes (such document execution across territories/time zones) prioritize and manage competing deadlines.
• Close attention to detail.
• Able to work on matters with strict deadlines, including preparation for board meetings, completion and circulation of board papers, assisting with compliance and reporting requirements for Sony Pictures' entities; marketing and production support; and a variety of vendor agreements.
• Ability to liaise with external providers, in particular corporate secretarial service providers
It will be beneficial, but not essential to have:
• Approximately 1-3 years of relevant experience.
• A basic understanding of intellectual property law and contract law.
• An understanding of the role of a company secretary and willingness to expand skills in this area.
• Some relevant experience with a studio, network, multinational media company or major law firm in any or some of the following areas: TV distribution, networks, broadcast regulatory and corporate media transactions.
SGP - Offsite/Home/Remote - SPENA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33y1n-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.