Online Marketplace Trainee, Sales Planning - Summer/Fall 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Summer/Fall Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
Sales Planning provides domestic US sales forecasting and budgeting, analytical insights and business strategies to both internal departments and external sales personnel related to physical DVD, Blu-ray, and UHD/4K product across a broad account base (physical retail, rental, online). The department is also instrumental in providing strategic analyses, reporting, and modeling related to account performance, product placement, and cost/benefit decisions in partnering with accounts.
Marketplace Operations 70%
• Daily Checks: Monitoring daily orders, notifying of any issues / delays. Marketplace messages. Marketplace feedback. Ensure that daily operations are behaving as expected.
• Active SKU & Pricing Management: Review marketplace SKU assortment & pricing. Evaluations of product positioning, competitor analysis. Pricing updates.
• Weekly Reporting: Update & maintain reporting for 3 Online Marketplaces. Maintain both Weekly & Year to Date Reporting for both Unit Sales & Revenues.
• Deals Submissions: Submit forms to participate in weekly Deals Submissions on the marketplaces.
• Inventory / Replenishment: Keep SKU levels to account for a minimum number of weeks of sale. Identify underproductive inventory & make recommendations.
Marketplace Architecture 30%
• Marketplace & Software Proficiency: Build competency & fluency in the Marketplace Aggregator software used to manage the Marketplaces. Build competency & fluency in the Marketplace applications, their portal set up & how they appear on different devices.
• Listings / Promotions Management: Refreshing listings to ensure best positioning for Search Results. Updating biweekly to monthly promotions on the marketplaces, making sure we are creating an engaged marketplace experience for the customer.
• New SKU Setups: Populate New SKU Setups for the Marketplace. Set ups entail an understanding of the Marketplace Applications, the Marketplace Aggregator software and SPHE Movies / TV Shows. The SKU Setups require thoroughness & completeness, conveying all necessary information while complying with marketplace requirements & limitations.
• Marketplace Projects / Expanded Capabilities: Optimization of the marketplace is an ongoing goal. This position will have an opportunity to work on Projects that summarize or highlight performance or elements of the marketplace LOB. Expanding the capabilities as a marketplace seller will be a priority as well.
• Candidate must have experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Experience with analytical data systems, such as Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
• Experience analyzing and summarizing large data sets is preferred
• Adaptability, flexibility and ability to learn
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with varying levels of management and with external customers
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wkev-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.