New Media Trainee, Digital Sales & Distribution - Fall 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Fall Professional Trainee position is from September through December 16th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week.
The New Media Trainee, a part of the Digital Sales and Distribution team, will support the team that manages go-to-market for commercial deals with SPT's new and existing global clients, focused on new technologies & formats. This person will support the team across a number of different go-to-market functions including marketing, programming, application storefront merchandising, and using the content management system. This person will also gain exposure with the business development/sales team to get insight into commercial deals and sales support.
• Go-To-Market: Support Go-To-Market team to prepare sell-in materials & presentations that outline application product features, movie release roadmap etc. Work with team to prepare marketing toolkits for upcoming movies, as well as creative development of materials required by partners eg. Sizzle Reels, Key Visuals etc. This person will also support to review & approve marketing materials for global programs alongside the Manager (s) in the go-to-market team.
• Merchandising, Content Programming & Availability Work with Programming team to plan & implement storefront roadmap across relevant applications including iOS, Android & web based applications alongside partner activation plans & by market requirements. Implement on-store promotions including storefront marketing assets & title planning. Work with creative services team to source required storefront marketing assets. Brief & create promotional assets where required. Support in sourcing artwork & translation needs. Work with Analyst to set up in the content management system & QA before pushing live to applications.
• Sales Support: Support SVP Global Distribution to evaluate prospective clients and technologies, create pitch materials and presentations, document client requirements and/or needs, as well as sit in on client meetings as relevant.
The individual must have and/or demonstrate:
• Knowledge of or interest in entertainment, gaming, new media, and/or technology
• Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude, professional courage, initiative and innovation
• Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking & attention to detail essential
• Strong communication (verbal/written) skills.
• Creative thinker & solution focused; Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated team player
• Unquestionable integrity
• Bachelor's degree
• General knowledge of international cultures a plus.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g624pq-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.