Manager, Theatrical Mastering and Distribution
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
As the Manager, Theatrical Mastering and Distribution/Content Services you will be watching over the theatrical & downstream mastering and distribution requirements for select EMEA and APAC markets, ensuring release dates are met; supervising Theatrical & downstream release dates in market, handling Mastering schedules, manufacturing timelines with vendors, the delivery of Theatrical Feature content into theatres and downstream feature content to destination.
This role is based in the Distribution & Content Services department here in our London office and will be supporting the Director, Content Services.
What you'll do:
• Maintain and handle strong inter departmental working relationships, including proactive discussions about territory requirements and how to fulfil them as well as industry advances and their impact on end to end feature mastering & distribution.
• Maintain International Vendor relations, developing and maintaining strong working relationships, Identify opportunities for cost saving and maintain and improve service levels. Responsible for maintaining associated updates to internal documentation and systems.
• Assisting with the timely delivery of all relevant reporting requirements to Head Office.
Departmental Strategy & Personal Development:
• Ensure ongoing self-development and management.
• Maintain a detailed awareness of relevant industry, consumer and market trends to identify future digital supply chain and 3rd party requirements and risks; supporting Director – Content Services in developing future proof services.
• Develop a full understanding of, and align with, Sony governance and standard working practices. Identify further opportunities for development of each to continually align to changes within industry or territory.
• Undertake all other tasks and ad hoc requests as delegated by Director – Content Services.
• Responsible for the timely delivery from Production of all OV materials required for the mastering of Localized Versions for theatrical and downstream. Working with DCS New Release Features & Pre-Localization to establish and maintain agreed critical paths, re-negotiating and prioritizing delivery timings, identifying and handling risks associated with constrained/compressed timelines.
• Creation of localized master content materials to meet theatrical and downstream release dates and budgetary targets; working closely with DCS and territory management to agree and co-ordinate timelines. Responsible for removing roadblocks, challenging and securing alignment on deliverables across the teams.
• Oversight of release date changes. Evaluating impact of changes to localization schedules, highlighting any risks and working with all stakeholder teams to maintain scheduled release timings. Using expertise and high judgement to raise as necessary.
• Identifying workflow & system improvements to streamline process, build downstream agility and deliver cost efficiencies; leading on strategy and implementation as directed, working with Territory contacts, vendors and within Sony development teams.
• Tracking all shipments of materials to destination and presenting to stakeholders relevant information of delivery. Communicating all date changes to Duplication/Delivery vendors
• Partnership management of key 3rd Party content providers, including IMAX, 4D and other Immersive Vendors chairing weekly partnership status meetings.
• Accountability for the performance across select markets in the EMEA and APAC regions; Developing close working relationships with Sony and in territory management teams
• Stakeholder relationship management; working closely with Sony Sales and Marketing to anticipate, influence and manage requirements; presenting respectful challenge and innovative solutions to support censorship, early screenings and general release.
What you have:
• Experience in systems such as: Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP, InterPlan - Internal, DEX - Internal and Smart Engine- Internal
• Ideally 3-5 years coordinating in Content Servicing, Post Production, TV or Media
• Experience managing Purchase Orders through SAP/Smart Engine
• Efficient and timely delivery of reporting requirements
• Clear communication and interpersonal skills when working with the team and vendors.
How we take care of you:
• Competitive salary, with annual bonus eligibility.
• A choice of comprehensive health plan options that fit your lifestyle including private medical insurance.
• Rest and recharge during a week off during the winter holidays, in addition to the 25 days of paid annual leave.
• Participate in extensive learning & development opportunities at all levels, including curated instructor-led classes and high impact online resources.
• Build your community by joining our Employee Business Resource Groups, and/or Sony Pictures Action – our racial equity and inclusion strategy.
• Access to an employee online store filled with a variety of discounted Sony products.
• Watch the newest movies and TV shows at our exclusive employee screenings at work.
• Entitlement to apply for an interest-free season ticket loan.
• Automatic enrolment in the Company's Pension Plan
• Free counselling and advisory service.
• You will be automatically enrolled in the Company's Life Insurance and Group Income Protection Plans subject to any applicable service requirements.
• The opportunity to attend various social events in our state-of-the-art offices in Paddington.
• In addition to the above we have a range of other optional discounted benefits that are reviewed regularly (e.g., gym memberships, travel insurance, activity passes, car leasing, experience days and many more!)
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8npnk-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.