Manager, Global Client Services
As a part of Distribution Content Services (DCS), the Home Entertainment (HE) Client Services team oversees media distribution for both Digital (transactional VOD - TVOD) and Physical (DVD, Blu-ray & UHD discs). The TVOD Client Services portion of the team enables distribution through management of the Digital Supply Chain, ensuring on-time and high-quality avails and product deliveries, as well as strategic execution of high-profile Digital initiatives via flexible and scalable processes.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Client Services, the Manager will be responsible for storefront and launch execution for territories assigned, utilizing aspects of technology, sales, operations, programming, and strategic planning on a daily basis. The Manager will work with key stakeholders to ensure that all initiatives, including regular, daily/weekly launch of Features & TV on storefront, occur according to plan. This role requires direct communication and relationship management with the respective Territory Digital Account Managers (TDAM) and Digital Retailers (such as Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, local retailers). Additionally, this role leads large and small scale projects and initiatives on a global level, supporting the Digital Transactional Acceleration Project to grow international Digital revenue from FY23 and beyond. They will heavily collaborate with their fellow Client Services colleagues as well with various internal teams such as Marketing, IT, Programming, and Commercial groups to continually strategize, grow and adapt the needs of the digital industry. They will be expected to be highly skilled at critical thinking and possess the ability to create solutions, and problem solve. They will continuously report/advise the Executive Director on all projects and ensure the timely execution of assignments. To accomplish these responsibilities, this role leverages a deep understanding of technical execution of Digital workflows and the Sony's digital landscape.
This demanding and fast-moving position requires someone who is agile, fearless in taking the lead while collaborating. This person is a confident and clear communicator, a dedicated team player, a curious, critical, and analytical thinker with positive outlook, and someone able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Client Avails & Storefront Management – India (subject to change or expand)
• Storefront Execution and Partner Management
• Lead execution and delivery of avails, video, audio, subtitle, artwork and metadata assets in adherence to SPHE and customer specifications by leading cross functionally, exercising project management skills and delegating appropriately to achieve on-time, accurate release of SPHE content
• Serve as SME of Sony's systems & workflows, lead systems/tool enhancements to meet business/territory and storefront execution needs, with Sony's IT and rest of Client Services team
• Project manage new customer onboarding and launches liaising with partners, internal servicing and Account teams to understand and document requirements and timelines
• Manage and drive communication of digital internal release schedule and pricing to partners via reporting and business-to-business integrations
• Understand various retailer systems and portals, specs, avails, and best practices
• Lead efforts in onboarding new retailers to the region by partnering with Commercial and Fulfillment teams to outline, scope, eligibility, pricing and specs.
• Territory Management
• Lead/advise key stakeholders on growing this region's digital offering by leveraging Sony systems and inventory teams to create growth plans and timelines
• Leverage robust, evolving expertise of territory best practices and Digital Retailer specifications to influence and guide business/territories on release strategy and pro-actively address regional release schedule challenges and nuances
• Project Lead for TDAM as part of Commercial Team and virtual Territory team executing strategic directives and fiscal targets for each territory/region
• Anticipate needs and partner with key Account Management leads as Intl Digital strategy evolves quickly
• Proactively define, communicate key process and system requirements to Account Management to ensure execution success; manage expectations accordingly
• Participate in custom VOD release planning with SPT as needed
• Drive and enhance workflows based on key learnings on new windows/early windows and other experimental release patterns
• Oversight of process and execution of territory work
• Development of best practices for delegation to be used by others
• Cross-functional Team Execution
• Work with and direct internal/external teams to execute marketing, merchandising and promotional efforts aimed at driving transactions on key digital launches, drafting opportunities, seasonal/holiday-based campaigns, bundling/voucher initiatives, etc.
• Analyze anticipated throughput and implement strategies to account for seasonal fluctuations in releasing patterns and Retailer operations
• Customer Communication and Management
• Manage strong relationships with Digital Retailers, demonstrating a bias to action and pro-active communication to foster a robust and collaborative partnership.
• Facilitate directly with Retailers to address day-to-day issues, execute promotions and non-standard initiatives, long-term forecasting, expansions, and new launch plans.
• Cultivate a deep understanding of each Retailer's culture, capabilities, and storefront experience to maximize revenue-generating initiatives and optimize product placement.
• Guide localization decisions based on regional expertise
Project Lead – Global Backfill Catalog Initiatives
• Retailer Management
• Primary contact and day-today SME on major global catalog backfill growth initiatives for Digital retailers, primarily for Amazon but could include Google, iTunes and XBOX.
• Manage operational communication with retailer counterparts, ensuring expectations, delivery statuses, rejections, and route back to key stakeholders
• Partnering with Fulfillment to obtain proxies, feedback, rejection and live statuses on content delivered
• Delivery Execution and Internal Responsibilities
• Act as liaison to external companies such as NexSpec who are managing delivery metrics, assisting in delivery efficiency, retailer portal transparency
• Using NexSpec's metrics, create and provide robust summaries, excel and ppt documents and statuses to the Executive Director and Vice President of Client Services, as well as to the wider Client Services teams and TDAMS
• Day-to-day communication with the Fulfillment CAM in assigned to align on delivery needs and timing, and provide strategic decision making in terms of changing priorities when issues arise
• Drive solutions to new specs changes or additions from the retailer, coordinating with internal teams such as INTL Creative Services, vendors, CAMS and managing expectations
• Working as a global representative, understanding the needs of each region participating in the growth expansions, manage commercial expectations
• Vendor Management
• As part of the core team, embrace adoption of Digital Standards and Best Practices as they mature/evolve (ex, EIDR, EMA Avails, IMF, Common Media Manifest, ALID)
• Tracking of multiple vendors and their delivery pipelines to the digital retailer, troublesh
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojyb2-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.